Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

refulx

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 4:20 PM
  • 6 Replies

when a baby has this do the spit up there food all the time or like once a day ?

by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ballewal
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 5:00 PM

All babies occasionally spit up.

dsmills8668
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 5:17 PM

my daughter has it and she spits up constantly, even on the meds. It doesn't bother her though when she has the meds, when she didn't have the meds she would scream all the time, cause it burned coming up im sure.

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2009 at 7:06 PM

it depends on the child. My daughter would throw up occasionally but not much maybe once a week. But once she was on zantac she was fine. Their is a different from spitting up and acid reflux. With reflux my daughter would cry with her bottles, it burned when she would drink it so i had problems trying to get her to take her bottles. But she is now 10 months old on the 22nd and has grown out of acid reflux!!

marywilliams
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Some babies don't spit up at all - Caroline has what the doctor calls "silent reflux" which means she does not spit up, instead she swallows it.  Along with the spit up she swallows she gets a bunch of air.  Not fun!  Caroline's pediatrician said that as long as a baby is gaining weight and is what they call a "happy spitter" then there isn't anything they need to do.  A happy spitter is a baby that spits up but isn't upset by it - no crying or fussing, just spit up and then back to whatever they were doing.

kcbkbender
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 12:15 PM
My first son had this and he would projectile spit after EVERY bottle. They did end up testing him for Pyloric Stenosis(?), but turns out he just had refulx and we dealt with it. Thankfully neither of my other 2 children had it, but it's true all babies spit up some, some more than others...
madisonsmommy12
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 12:29 PM

With my DD, she spit up all the time. It wasn't nothing for me to use 8 or 9 recieving blankets in one feeding. But she was always happy and gaining weight. With my DS on the other hand, He would spit up but he would scream all day and never take naps so his doctor put him on Zantac. He still spits up, but he doesn't scream any more and is finally starting to take naps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)