Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

sleeping questions?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:51 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hi, Our daughter is alomst 4 months and has been sleeping thru the night, on and off, for a couple of months now.  All the books and sites say you shouldn't feed them before bedtime as it will set bad precedent later.  I'm not sure how to change it, how much earlier I should feed her before she goes to bed, what to do etc.  We bathe her, feed her and then started reading her a story.  For the last few weeks, she's been falling almost asleep after her bottle so I read her the story but she's really asleep.  I have her sitting up while she sleeps for about 10 min. as she has acid reflux.  So I'm not sure if we need to change it, if I'm overthinking it.  She does sleep for the most part.  Thanks for any help!

by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
armywife43
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:57 PM

wish my dd slept through the night, she's 6 months. i just started her on cereal, so i give her the cereal around 5, feed her a bottle afterwards, and she's normally goes to bed at 7. sometimes i give her a bottle while she's in bed. i know, i know, they say not to do that but i still do. what you're doing now is fine, especially with her age. just as she gets older feed her maybe an hour or two before bed. you're going to want her to fall asleep on her own soon, so make sure you feed her, read her the book, and then put her in her crib or wherever she sleeps while she's sleepy, so she can teach herself how to put herself to sleep. my dd has been going to sleep on her own since 4 weeks. she's had a bedtime since then and i've had no problems. GL

mommyziegler
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 7:05 PM

I've never heard of that before. my daughter had acide refulx when she was younger and i fed her right before bed. It wasn't until she was on solids that i stopped feeding her right before bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)