Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question: Storing Food in Mouth

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 9:23 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son stores food in his mouth like a hamster. I do not know what to do for him. It is getting bad. He chews and chews but does not swallow. If we do not clear his mouth he will go hours with the food in his mouth.

Anyone else have this problem? What are you doing or have done to solve the problem.

101_0154

My twins are here. Rhys Gabriel and Sophie Anne were born on Feb 3, 2009

by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SamanthaAgain
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 9:25 PM

How old is he?  Is it all food or just certain stuff?  When i was a kid I did that with meat.  The texture drove me crazy and I couldn't make myself swallow it. 

lolson87
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 10:34 PM

OMG this is so funny... i used to do this when i was little. lol my mom said dinner would be over for hours and i would be watching tv and just start chewing haha LEFTOVERS!! im sure hes fine. i would just keep an eye on him to be safe

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
mamaof3under2
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 11:32 PM

One of my twins does this. But, eventually he gags because he wants it out of his mouth, and then throws up on himself.  Its usually raisins or meat. Let me know if you figure out how to stop it!

nycte
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 12:16 AM

He is 18 months old. It is mostly meat but sometimes it is cereal or other bread products too.

101_0154

My twins are here. Rhys Gabriel and Sophie Anne were born on Feb 3, 2009

AshleyRiv
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 10:48 AM

My DD does the same thing...she's 2.  One night she got up in the middle of the night and her and her dad were eating pickles.  When he got up to go to work I told him to bring her in the bed with me bc they had slept on the couch.  He layed her in the bed and she smiled @ me and her cheek was freaking huge and puffed out.  I started to freak out bc I didn't know what it could be.  She went to bed with a BIG piece of pickle in her mouth and slept with it there all night.  Then she flipped out because we took it away...I'm surprised she didn't freaking choke on it.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)