Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

8 month old rejecting bottle

Posted by   + Show Post

My 8 month old DS is rejecting his bottle yesterday and today.  Yesterday I got maybe 15 oz of formula in him, and today he will only take sips.  I've tried giving him a sippy cup with water/juice and formula, but he won't take that either.  And this morning his poop was hard little pebbles, so that means he's constipated.  I'm about to give him some formula with a dropper just to get some liquids in him!

When I put this question in the answers section, teething was suggested.  He cut his first two teeth over the weekend without a peep, and they are both all the way through now.  If teething was the cause of this, wouldn't it have happened while the teeth were cutting?  Why after?

Also, he is eating solid food like crazy, but is that enough? 

by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 11:41 AM
Replies (11-12):
larissa314
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 7:16 PM

if connor is constapated feed him apple sauce and pears. if that dosent work then prunes.i would make a bottle of formula available to him at all times. but its not really necessary to force him to drink it because he is not vomiting or having diahreah so he isnt at risk for geting dehigerated. if he is willing to eat jar food then i wouldent worry to much as long as he is geting all of his nutrients. and if your worried about the vitimns in the formula... try mixing it with baby oatmeal and apple sauce. or whatever elce you can mix it with. to maybe hide the taste. but when he is thirsty then he will drink.

mommyziegler
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 8:40 PM

give him lots of fruits that has lots of water in it thats what my doctor always told me. I had the same problem with my daughter and it was her 3rd tooth coming in. Give him fruits and try gatorade or buy some watermelon and see if he'll eat that.all babies love watermelon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN