Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First time mom

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 2:33 PM
  • 4 Replies

My name is Nina and I am a proud mother of an 11-month old son, Nicholas.  I have been married 7 years to a great husband and we live in Massachusetts.  I am a stay at home which is the best decision I ever made but also a very challenging one. It's tough finding other stay at home moms these days so my social life is pretty non-existent!  I just joined cafemom today so any advice is greatly appreciated!!

by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
fallentears1986
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Welcome to the group! Hope you have fun on here. I love your sons name. Thats my fiances name. lol, anyways check out some more groups, its a great site!

LuckieLadie
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I feel the same way about being a SAHM. My friends who have kids all work fulltime and have them in daycare, and my other friends don't have kids and we just seem to grow further apart. I think staying home with a child is the best thing you can do for them! I'm so happy that  can be with my baby all day long, it just bonds us so much stronger together.

Advice well... I tried posting on craigslist recently (in the platonic friends section) I told a little bit about myself and what kind of friend I was searching for. I had a few responses so far and we are just emailing back and forth getting to know each other. I think that once my baby starts walking I can meet more parents at the play areas.

hollymackley
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Yeah, it's hardhaving a social life when you are a Mom period let alone a SAHM.  I was lucky to meet a Mom in our neighborhood while I was out walking with the kids to do occasional play dates with.  I also was able to meet some nice moms on Cafe Mom. Two of whom I've got together with at a local kids club.  it's very hard for me to leave the house with 4 kids under 3 so I appreciate meeting some friends online.   I would suggest going to a local gymboree or other type of play group to meet other moms too. Once the weather gets better you might meet some moms at a local playground if you have one near you. 

CrystalDawn2506
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Hello & Welcome : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)