Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

question about teething tablets (kinda scared)

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 11:29 PM
  • 7 Replies

ok so it says right on the bottle

"please noteif ur baby has been crying or is very upset, ur baby may fall asleep after using this product because the pain has been relieved and ur baby can rest"

ok well ever since i gave them to her the other da she has been randopmly passing out and its only for a few minutes but its extremly hard to wake her up when this happens. its very random. she will be totally happy and then all the sudden pass out. even if we gave it to her hours and hours and hours ago.

for example my bf gave her one at noon. she passed out. we havnt given her one since and she just passed out in my arms right now.

this is not like my DD.

she just dosent sleep like that. she has to be comfortable and the passing out is really freaking me out she just goes limp and wont wake up unless i shake her... not hard but not lightly either....i dont know what to do everyone told me how good they are am i just freakin out for no reason.

does this happen to others lil ones?

i  appreciate any input.

thanks gals

by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BrodysMommy251
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 11:31 PM

We use those, with no problems..Perhaps shes getting sick? 

SamanthaAgain
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 11:35 PM

I really don't think it's the teething tablets, but you should call your doctor if she's literally losing consiousness like that, not just falling asleep.  That warning is to explain that sometimes when the pain is gone, they are finally able to sleep, so they might fall asleep soon after getting them.  It doesn't mean that it will make them pass out.

soliver85
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 7:49 AM

I used the teething tablets on both my girls. Especially before they would go to bed at night and they slept great. They never would pass out.

musicangl
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 7:57 AM
i use them on both my girls too and no problems
kittiselly28
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 8:22 AM

teething tablets contain "belladonna" which can cause hallucinations. A small amount doesn't matter, but in these tablets it's really not regulated. Some tablets will have a little, some have a lot. I use the drops, and they work great.

Teething is hard work, maybe she's tired!

happymommy114
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 9:42 AM

That is kind of scary.  If she's literally passing out, I would call her doctor.  I use the tablets with my daughter and have never had a problem with them.  Once or twice when her teeth were really bothering her, she fell asleep about ten minutes after I gave them to her, but it was a normal sleep, just like one of her regular naps.  My guess is that the passing out you described is not related to the tablets.

Christi
Wife to Jeremy, my handsome hubby of 3 yrs
Mommy to Avery, our beautiful 17 month old daughter
Helping Moms Work From Home!
www.DoneWithDaycare.com

mommyziegler
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 9:45 AM

i use those teething tablets everyday with no problems what so ever even when she's screaming and throwing a fit and she never falls asleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN