Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Update OUT OF CONROL 22 MONTH OLD (SWEARING) (MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK...SORRY)

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 1:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

PLEASE HELP ME I'M LOSING MY FREAKING MIND! MY 22 MONTH OLD IS OUT OF CONTROL!!  YESTERDAY ON OUR WAY TO GET OUR FOODSTAMPS AS I'M GETTING MY DAUGHTER OUT OF THE CAR JARROD YANKS HIS HAND OUT OF MINE AND OUT OF KYLE (MY DAYCARE KID) HAND AND BOLTS FOR THE F%&#ING STREET! OF COURSE I SCREAM FOR HIM TO GET BACK AS I'M RUNNING AFTER HIM AND HE RUNS EVEN FASTER AND BY THE TIME I REACH HIM HE'S IN THEMIDDLE OF THE STREET!!!  oF COURSE HE WENT INTO TIME OUT AND I YELLED AT HIM AND IF WE HAD BEEN AT HOME I WOULD HAVE SPANKED HIS A$$.  THEN IF THAT WASN'T BAD ENOUGH LATER THAT NIGHT MY FOUR MONTH OLD WAS CRYING AND SCREAMING BECAUSE SHE WAS TIRED SO I WAS TRYING TO FIND HER BEAR AND BLANKET AND ALL OF A SUDDEN I HEAR HER STOP CRYING,  I TURN AROUND AND JARROD HAS A PILLOW OVERHER FACE HE GOT SWTTED ON THE BUTT AND PUT IN HIS CRIB!!

HE'S HITTING WITH HANDS TOYS, FEET, HEAD BUTTING AND EVERYTHING ELSE!  I TELL HIM NO HE DOES IT ANYWAY!  WHAT DO I DO? I KNOW THIS COMES WITH THE AGE BUT HE IS HURTING EVERYONE.  TIMEOUTS AREN'T WORKING NEITHER IS SAYING NO! HELP ME PLEASE

Update:  when i posted this yesterday i ws really upset, i don't hardly spank my son because I don't like to but when i gie him a time out i usually tell him why firt then put him in the time out spot and then after two minutes i get down to his level and tell him again why he is in timeout.  then i let him out.  And it's not working, this just started my guess is he's jealous of his sis and the daycare kids.  and just to clarify he doesn't swear the title of the po meant there is swearing in the post

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
HelloKitty86
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 2:40 PM

If I were you, I would see if you can get him to a behavioral therapist.  My 2 year old was pretty wild like that when he was 18 months, but we never hit him.  If I were you, I wouldnt continue with the spankings.  They dont always work, and sometimes it can make them worse.  Dont just yell at him and tell him no, sit down with him and tell him why he shouldnt be doing these things.  He wont listen at first, but give it about 2 months or so, he will learn eventually.  Have patience.  I know it can be difficult, my kids are 14 months apart.... just be kind and understanding, take a deep breath.  When he runs out into the street, just bring him back sit him down, and CALMLY tell him that he cannot do that, because he could get very hurt, Dont try to make him scared of you or anything else, try to make him understand... good luck!

Jennifer and Familyin loveboy n girl

Sweetborimami
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 7:11 PM

My daughter is doing the samething i mean who would know that terrible twos can be your worst nightmare.......Timaouts doesnt work neither spankings i put her in her bed she gets offf i put her in her playard and she learned how to get out of that......So i know its no help at all but its just a phase and us mom have to pull through it without getting anyone hurt.....He will soon understand......good luck

Deshalee 04-19-07

Gabriel 08-03-08

Hallmomma
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Well, to eliminate the running into the street, he needs to go into a stroller if he is going to continue running out of your hand...then with the hitting, its normal, so just be consistent with whatever punishment you do.  We dont hit, only because if Im yelling at my kid to stop hitting by hitting him, it makes things worse for us.  We do time outs for hitting, and a time out isnt going to stop him from hitting because he is 2 years old.  They know what is right and wrong to a point at 2, but they are still going to to it.   Im guessing there is also some jealousy going on with him.  Try spending some one on one time with him.  Also, im sure you know this now, laying the 4 month old where your 2 year old can reach cant happen anymore.  My 18 month old tries to hit and smother my 2 month old if she is in reach.  If he hits with a toy, take the toy away. 

You just need to be consistant and understnd that just because you say no and give him a time out, doesnt mean he is going to stop doing it.  You need to try and avoid the situations from happening...like using a stroller if he cant listen, moving your baby and taking toys away.  Hang in there!

cristin727
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I couldn't have said it better.

Quoting Hallmomma:

Well, to eliminate the running into the street, he needs to go into a stroller if he is going to continue running out of your hand...then with the hitting, its normal, so just be consistent with whatever punishment you do.  We dont hit, only because if Im yelling at my kid to stop hitting by hitting him, it makes things worse for us.  We do time outs for hitting, and a time out isnt going to stop him from hitting because he is 2 years old.  They know what is right and wrong to a point at 2, but they are still going to to it.   Im guessing there is also some jealousy going on with him.  Try spending some one on one time with him.  Also, im sure you know this now, laying the 4 month old where your 2 year old can reach cant happen anymore.  My 18 month old tries to hit and smother my 2 month old if she is in reach.  If he hits with a toy, take the toy away. 

You just need to be consistant and understnd that just because you say no and give him a time out, doesnt mean he is going to stop doing it.  You need to try and avoid the situations from happening...like using a stroller if he cant listen, moving your baby and taking toys away.  Hang in there!

axandra85
by Member on Feb. 19, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Bump

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
Hallmomma
by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 2:46 PM

If you spank, thats your choice...  I just put that we choose not to spank.  But if you are doing time outs and sometimes hitting, then it goes back to the being consistant thing.  Sounds like the time outs are done the right way, but again, at 2, time outs are not going to stop the behavior because he is 2...they will continue it even if they know it is wrong.  Jus tlike spanking wont stop the behavior.  Its a process, but to stay with it, will make the difference.  Eventually youll be able to threaten the time out and he will stop.  It just takes time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN