Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Need some advice?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 6:12 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have a 8 month old with round like sores in her diaper area, has anyone experienced this??? With my first, I NEVER had seen sores like this....... anyone????

by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
amysmommy62607
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 6:28 PM

Are they open sores?  My dd had open sores in her diaper area when she was younger - turned out it was a yeast infection! Without seeing it (which I know I can't), I couldn't tell you if what my dd had was similar...but if it doesn't clear up, and doesn't look like normal diaper rash, I'd take her to see the doctor, just to be safe...In the meantime, I would try one of the thicker pasty diaper rash creams - I personally LOVE the aveeno diaper rash cream, because it stays where I put it. ;-)

Monicaandone
by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 1:42 PM

they are open ones nasty looking... yuk!  the good news is they are clearing up one by one... i personally dont like aveno, ive always loved buttpaste - i put alot of that on them, it looks like they are healing, i really HOPE no more pop up!

Quoting amysmommy62607:

Are they open sores?  My dd had open sores in her diaper area when she was younger - turned out it was a yeast infection! Without seeing it (which I know I can't), I couldn't tell you if what my dd had was similar...but if it doesn't clear up, and doesn't look like normal diaper rash, I'd take her to see the doctor, just to be safe...In the meantime, I would try one of the thicker pasty diaper rash creams - I personally LOVE the aveeno diaper rash cream, because it stays where I put it. ;-)

mamalisa0217
by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 2:55 PM

i would say if they are healing then it may be just a bad diaper rash. something else that i would reccommnd is if a diaper rash gets really bad like that then keep plenty of dry diapers on her and let her air out with no diaper as much as possible.

Hola!! I am a lovable, single, born again Christian, natural childbirth, vaccinating, pro choice, agrees with CIO, non spanking, cloth diapering, circumsizing, SAHM to three wonderful, spoiled kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)