Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

going to bed without eating

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 9:05 PM
  • 6 Replies

so my 2.5 yr old didnt want to eat what i cooked tonight he just tooka couple bites and said that he didnt want it he wanted noodles namong alot of more thing lol so he went to bed hungry some what

i feel like im a bad mom for doing it but i want him to understand if he dosent eat what i cook then he will go hungry anyone else done this or doing this now

by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
momof3at23
by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 9:14 PM

GOOD JOB!  I applaud you for not giving in!  We are NOT short order cooks and if you start caving now, you are in for it later!  Stay strong.  They have to learn that we are the boss and if they don't want to eat what we fix then that is tough.  I know I sound mean but I support you!

Swt_Mama
by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 9:16 PM

THANK YOU I ALMOST GAVE IN TO GIVE HIM A YOGURT BUT HE ASKED TO GO TO BED BEFORE I COULD GUESS HE KNEW HE WASNT GONNA GET ANYTHING ELSE LOL

Quoting momof3at23:

GOOD JOB!  I applaud you for not giving in!  We are NOT short order cooks and if you start caving now, you are in for it later!  Stay strong.  They have to learn that we are the boss and if they don't want to eat what we fix then that is tough.  I know I sound mean but I support you!

joyner
by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I AGREE! THAT'S HOW MY MOM WAS AND WHEN DD IS OLDER THE SAME WILL GO FOR HER. I WILL NOT BE MAKING A DIFFERENT DINNER FOR EVERY PERSON.

Quoting momof3at23:

momof3at23
by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Exactly, there are 5 of us and I'm not cooking 5 different meals just to make everyone happy.  I also won't cook something knowing that they absolutely hate it.  But if they just don't want to eat, then they go to bed...with no dinner.

Quoting joyner:

I AGREE! THAT'S HOW MY MOM WAS AND WHEN DD IS OLDER THE SAME WILL GO FOR HER. I WILL NOT BE MAKING A DIFFERENT DINNER FOR EVERY PERSON.

leifsmom
by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 9:48 AM

You did exactly what I would have done...........and what I do.  My 19mo old is not a good eater, but we refuse to make him something else just to get him to eat. 

GOOD JOB!!!

Steph - mom to Leif, my beautiful blond haired, blue eyed boyin loveboy on a swing

benandwes
by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 9:55 AM

My son does the same thing, and I always end up giving in, which I hate.  Good for you for not caving.  I've got to start doing that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)