Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Soy Formula?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 7:10 PM
  • 18 Replies

Does anyone use soy formula? If so, how does it work? Do you like it??

baby

by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Liz0808
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 7:29 PM

i supplement with soy formula and i like it because it seems to be easier for Max to digest and there is also less spit up.

rescq33
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 7:33 PM

It works really well for her now...

In the beginning she had a hard time with it and also with milk formula and spit up all the time but now she is 5 months old and does great on it soy!

in loveblowing bubbles      toddler girl      baby girlbutterfly

Loving Wife to James

Mommy to Kaelynne (4), Sarah (3) and Madison ( 4 months)

Stephy89
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 7:35 PM

it works great, my daughter actually had to get on it when she was 5 days old, when she was on the regular one, she didnt nothing but prejectile puke, and break out, ever since..shes done wonderful never throws up! its awesome, and for some reason, where i live, cheaper, its only 15 dollars..its the best!

southerenmama
by Member on Mar. 3, 2009 at 10:55 PM

It doesn't smell great, and watch out how close your nose is when they burp, but it works great. All six of my children have used it. It helped with gas and spitting up.

TonyaLea
by on Mar. 4, 2009 at 12:25 AM

My daughter can't have regular formula, so the soy works great for us.

mommabeaver25
by on Mar. 4, 2009 at 12:36 AM

We supplement with soy cause DS has a milk protein intolerance and it works pretty good

flower_angel
by on Mar. 4, 2009 at 3:34 PM

i tried using soy formula for awhile but it made my son very very constipated so i had to stop using it.

HelenJ
by on Mar. 4, 2009 at 3:44 PM

We've used it a few times because it came as a sample from the formula companies, and we ran out of money so this was the last resort, Lol! DS took to it pretty well. PP was right, it does smell funny (kinda like fresh cut grass...) but the baby didn't notice a difference in taste and it had the same effects a regular formula.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Mason20080713
by on Mar. 4, 2009 at 9:37 PM

My son just stopped breast feeding completely 5 days ago and we are using the soy formula.  The transition has gone really well.  We haven't had any problems with the soy formula.  I think it made the transition from breast milk to formula easier for him.

Krysi-Mason's proud mama :)

mom2ljh
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 10:59 AM

We used it for about a day.  It made all of my son's symptoms MUCH worse.  I took him right back off of it and waited to hear from his doctor at the beginning of the week.  He was quickly put on Nutramigen to clear up all of his symptoms.  I'm also not a fan of soy anyhow, as there are no studies on the long term affects of soy as a sole source of protein during infancy.  There are just too many unknowns for me to be comfortable giving it to my child.

Amanda~Cloth Diapering, Non-Spanking, Attached Mommy to my little miracle, Landon Joel, born 6 weeks too soon, 6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, coolest kid on the block!

Then                                           Now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN