Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I DID IT MAMAS!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2009 at 3:50 PM
  • 10 Replies

yes mamas!! i did it, i accomplishe the sippy cup! i started at 6months now shes 7 months,!! yaaaaaaaay im so happpy..i so did not want her ona  bottle till she was 1!! woooooooopie

by on Mar. 4, 2009 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenerica
by on Mar. 4, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Yay!

dragonflylovr19
by on Mar. 4, 2009 at 4:58 PM

Way to go!  1 year old and my son will be off the bottle. 

JennCandi
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Ryan is almost 8 months and we do water out of the sippy cup now, but he still doesn't want to hold it himself.

SRLPrincess1067
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Yay! Serena didn't want the sippy cup but she used a straw until about a month ago, and now she's all about the sippy lol.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Charmain......... A Wife, Mother, and Leader

SeriouslyinOhio
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Yeah for you both!! Sophia will be a yr old on the 17th & I want to get her completely off the bottle. She only takes a bedtime bottle right now. How did you handle the last bottle of the day?? I read that you could give them a snack before bed with their milk in a sippy cup. What things have you tried??

I've also being slowly switching her over to cow's milk, but shes not too keen on the taste/temp of it (since she always liked her formula warm). Any ideas would be appreciated!!

Mofia siggy

bumblebee417
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 3:02 PM

how did you do it ?

Stephy89
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 7:26 PM

I let her play with my cell phone, especially at night time, when i would give her, her sippy cup..shell hold her cup with one hand, and the cell phone on the other...and fall asleep on me like that, or where ever shes sleeping...basically bribing her lol!! but it was good..shes been using it all day..she just hates water in it..shell only take water in a grown up cup..so i guess she gets her way..

as for the whole cows milk, try mixing it, 4 ounces of formula and water and 4 ounces of real milk, run it under hot water for about 2 mins.. she most likely love it

Quoting SeriouslyinOhio:

Yeah for you both!! Sophia will be a yr old on the 17th & I want to get her completely off the bottle. She only takes a bedtime bottle right now. How did you handle the last bottle of the day?? I read that you could give them a snack before bed with their milk in a sippy cup. What things have you tried??

I've also being slowly switching her over to cow's milk, but shes not too keen on the taste/temp of it (since she always liked her formula warm). Any ideas would be appreciated!!

angelicangel09
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 11:58 AM

MY DD is 6 months and I would like to start now with a Sippy. What kinda Sippy did u use?

Quoting Stephy89:

yes mamas!! i did it, i accomplishe the sippy cup! i started at 6months now shes 7 months,!! yaaaaaaaay im so happpy..i so did not want her ona  bottle till she was 1!! woooooooopie

Stephy89
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 12:05 PM

i use the pink one, she likes it..  a lot..she has it all day, except in the morning when she wakes up to eat

momtorussell
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 10:15 AM

My 10 month old will only chew on sippy's.  Any ideas?  We have the straw one, the nuby soft tip and the traditional.  He chews on them all and then throws them on the floor.  I don't think he gets it that he needs to suck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)