Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 3 year old wont sleep

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2009 at 1:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

my three year old hasnt slept properly since the day see came into this world she fights its so hard and she dont even take naps during the day what do i do?

HaPpYmOmMyOfTwO

by on Mar. 6, 2009 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jziegler
by on Mar. 6, 2009 at 1:13 PM

I'm having the same problem with my 2 year old...He just doens't like to sleep....He never has...He will go to his room at 10 and at 1 I still hear him in his room playing...And then he wakes up about 8-9 in the morning and goes strong all day long...I don't know what to do to make him sleep either....He has bad allergies and they put him on zyrtec and they told me that would make him sleepy....yeah right it gives him more energy!

egkelli
by on Mar. 6, 2009 at 1:22 PM

well it looks like we r in the same boat lol

Quoting jziegler:

I'm having the same problem with my 2 year old...He just doens't like to sleep....He never has...He will go to his room at 10 and at 1 I still hear him in his room playing...And then he wakes up about 8-9 in the morning and goes strong all day long...I don't know what to do to make him sleep either....He has bad allergies and they put him on zyrtec and they told me that would make him sleepy....yeah right it gives him more energy!

Hallmomma
by on Mar. 7, 2009 at 6:23 PM

My 4 year old was always up at night and stopped napping at 19 months old.  We used to brib him to stay in bed, for a juicebox, or he would get to play a game.  Then, we put him and his younger brother together right before he turned 4 and he has never woken up at night since then.  He told us he isnt scared anymore since his brother is with him.

Janita
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 11:15 PM

I'm having the same problem with my 3 yr old.  She goes to bed at bt 7-8 but is awake, playing and talking to herself, cries for attention, etc... until she wears off at 10-11pm!!!  She fights for naps as well and sometimes does it with no problem and some days she just stays in bed awake and I just have to let her get up without napping bc is so late already.  No matter what time she goes to bed, she wakes up at 7-8am.  She was sleeping good before I don't know what happened... They are probably just going through stages.  She says she's scared... I can't wait til my 4mth old daughter grows up a bit and at least makes it through the night so that I can put them together...

Kari3179
by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 8:50 AM

One suggestion I have for the nap time is that we call it "Quiet Time" in our house.  We don't say nap b/c she starts to cry and fuss.  With quiet time, we allow her to take books or small toys to bed with her as long as she is quiet.  Usually, she falls asleep.  (She is 2 1/2.)  Sometimes though she doesn't but she has to stay in her room until time is up.  This will give you a small break too.

Maybe your LO is one of those people who just doesn't require a lot of sleep!  Hope you get things situated though...I know how tough it is when they don't sleep and you are exhausted.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)