Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know of big girl undies in small sizes?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

Avery is 18 months old and showing a definite interest in potty training.  However, the smallest underwear I can find is 2T, and she's very petite - still wearing 12-18 month pants.  Any suggestions?

Christi
Wife to Jeremy, my handsome hubby of 3 yrs
Mommy to Avery, our beautiful 18 month old daughter
Helping Moms Work From Home!
www.DoneWithDaycare.com

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Doudy2148
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I know my son is 19 months and we are about to start potty training and he is in the 10th percentile, so he is pretty small too. I looked at the little boy underwear and the smallest was 2T, so I guess we are out of luck...when I buy them I think I might try to shrink them, haha. :)

JessicaB86
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Are pull ups an option for you?

Bekah062205
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:31 PM

my 2yr old is in the 5th percentile for weight(she is 22lbs) and the 2t fits perfect.....ALSO....walmart sells cloth training pants in 18month sizes....so you can do that too....i use both for dd.

matofour
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:57 PM

My kids all trained early, and the smallest size I could find was a 2T.  They were fine, and we also used the thicker training pants too, they seem to run slightly smaller, might help.

SRLPrincess1067
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:09 PM

My daughter is the same way.... she's super skinny (she's 17 months old and her legs are almost too long for 18 month, but her waist is 12 month)

We tried the 2t on her, and they fit, but they were a little baggy. Take it in a little on the backside and see if that helps. You can do it with a needle and thread, and when she gets bigger just take the 1 or 2 stiches out, and Voila! Bigger panties! LOL!

Good luck.... we are doing that too!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Charmain......... A Wife, Mother, and Leader

Momm2Princess
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 10:36 AM

You would be surprised at how small those 2T underwear really are.....and Wal-Mart sells the training underwear in 18 months....

Gymboree's 2T underwear are extremely small....so that could be an option...but they are a little more expensive...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)