Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

6 month old arches back and is very sitff

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 1:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

My six month old has always hated to sit when we try and get him to sit he arches his back and goes stiff as a board and is always very stiff, Any common situations im worried this isnt normal!

Calebs mommy!baby boy

by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
howardsmom
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 1:57 PM

lol oh the joys of babies....my sons been doing that since 4 months old..anytime he goes in the car seat he stiffs his back and pushes out so I can't seat him after telling him no and pushing him in he's figured out just to give up...then we got the high chair and he does it sometimes there but its just because he gets over excited about eating so he doesnt realize he needs to sit to eat....i think its perfectly normal its just their way of fighting back

abbymom79
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Our DD does the same thing, especially if we are trying to put her in the exersaucer and she wants to be held lol.  It can get very humerous trying to work around it, so we normally end up tickling her or blowing raspberrries on her neck to distract her and get her to quit.

HJMT555
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 9:23 PM

ah yes kids are great i have three and the oldest is 4. its really just a temper tantrum man you should see my almost one year old he stomps his feet and hits ugh. good luck and yeah its normal well as normal as kids can be hehe.backpacktoddler boybaby boy

Georgie0502
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 11:42 AM

My six month old started doing that 2 months back. I think its just a phase, bc she "outgrew" it. This week she's figured out the joys of how fun it can be to sit up, and now we cant get her to lay down. lol

momtorussell
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 10:17 AM

If you are really worried and your mommy instinct is telling you something is wrong, call your peditrician.  No harm in talking to a nurse and seeing if she thinks it is worth an appointment. 

mom2the5th
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Our 7 month old will do this alot. He can sit up on his own, but plants his feet stiffins up, and seems to try to stand, great when on the bed but anywhere else, he shoots himself kinda backwards. He gets stiff and arches alot, heck I was afraid for a while he would slide out of the swing, he does this while taking him out of seats, etc. I hope it doesnt last. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN