Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many of you got PG with PCOD??!!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 9:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

How many of you mommies got preg while dealing with PCOD?!   &   How long did it take to conceive!!   Did you have to use fertility treatments?

I went to the DR. today and they found an ovary full of polyps and my DR is pretty sure I have PCOD....   We're going to start "tweaking" my system to help with TTC, but I just want to find some *hope*   & that many of you ladies have your own success stories!

!!MOTHER TO KHAYMIN, WIFE TO CASEY!!

by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
imasurvivor
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 12:02 AM

I was dx'd with PCOD when I was 14 & was told my whole life that I wouldn't be able to have children...I was 33 & scheduled for a hysterectomy when I found out I that was pregnant with my son! 17 months to the day later, I gave birth to my beautiful daughter!

"Don't ever lose hope because miracles do happen...I know, because I have two of my own to prove it! "

APRiL aka imasurvivor

xoxoxo's 

TonyaLea
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 1:26 AM

I have a friend with PCOS and she has a 15 month old daughter.  They tried for quite a few years to get pregnant on their own.  She ened up getting on birth control pills for a while to help regulate her hormones.  In the meantime she was diagnosted with a insulan problem that I think is associated with PCOS, and got on some meds to regulate that.  Then they tried for another year to get pregnant (which is what her insurance required in order to cover fertility treatments), and then finally started fertility treatments (clomid).  Seven months later she was finally pregnant.

Momm2Princess
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I have PCOS and I have 2 beautiful children....I just had to be put on clomid to help me ovulate.....Have faith! Also even if insurance does not cover clomid (mine did not) it is not expensive at all.....I think I only paid like $20 per cycle  for it....which is way worth having my children. I got pg on the first cycle of clomid both times....my main problem was that I didn't ovulate so as soon as I timed everything out and took the progesterone to boost my chances I had luck.... Good luck.

2BabIez2BeBaker
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 10:49 AM

WOW!  I'm sooo glad to hear that clomid is that CHEAP!!! I was waiting for it to be in the $100's (because I'm pretty sure my insurance won't be covering it)   I just sure hope it doesn't have to come to that because well..  I won't be put on it until August =[

BUT I'm glad to hear your success story!!!   I have so much hope!!!!

Quoting Momm2Princess:

I have PCOS and I have 2 beautiful children....I just had to be put on clomid to help me ovulate.....Have faith! Also even if insurance does not cover clomid (mine did not) it is not expensive at all.....I think I only paid like $20 per cycle  for it....which is way worth having my children. I got pg on the first cycle of clomid both times....my main problem was that I didn't ovulate so as soon as I timed everything out and took the progesterone to boost my chances I had luck.... Good luck.

mommy2aka
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 12:02 PM

PCOS since I was 15 y/o.  After ttc x 14mon (on clomid & metformin), went to RE.  We upped my metformin XR to 2000mg q day & increased clomid to 150mg.  Than I had IUI.  All-in-all, we paid about $2000 out of pocket -- but I have great insurance & alot of my expenses were covered by my insurance.  A doc's visit with RE is $421 -- this was covered!  The only thing I paid for was copay on all RX & my US to detect Ovualtion ($150 a piece).  I also had to pay for the IUI ($180 for lab fees & $275 for IUI).  Once I got  PG, everything was covered.  I "graduated" back to my OB after 10w PG.  I have a 10mon daughter.  No PG with 2nd yet (although we've been trying).  We'll go back for IUI in Jan 2010 if no PG au naturale!

NIC
Wife to Paul
Mom to Aubrey, Ace and Olive
Nurse to everyone

dsmills8668
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 12:08 PM

i have pcos, i wasn't diagnosed till we actively ttc in 02. We tried clomid for 7 cycles ( not recommended) and 2 invitro treatments, went on metformin, in this time i had 2 miscarriages. I finally got preg with my daughter and the pregnancy stuck in September of 07.

my last miscarriage and when i got pregnant i was working out at the gym, i think loosing a little weight helped me, but for women with pcos a lot of the time its hard to loose weight till you get on meds for it, for me it was metformin.

Don't give up it does happen just takes us a little longer :)

momtorussell
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 10:13 AM

I was borderline PCOS.  We got pregnant the first month, unfortunately, I miscarried, but the next month we tried again and I got pregnant right away again.  I ovulate at weird times through the month and when I did MY dates, the ultrasound said something TOTALLY different.  TMI, our method was to have sex EVERY day.  Worked two months in a row!  A lot of people say they don't have time, aren't in the mood, blah blah blah.  If you really want to try and have a baby, this just might work for you too if you have weird ovulation times like me.  

2BabIez2BeBaker
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Thank you ladies!!! I appreciate all the warm thoughts and advice!!   I am STILL waiting to hear from My DR. in regards to my test results..   to see how severe my situation is... humpf...    she also things my Thyroid is off...  which would explain my rapid weight gain....  I hope! lol

anyway =)  thanx again ladies!

!!MOTHER TO KHAYMIN, WIFE TO CASEY!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)