Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

o i need advice (piog)

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 4:51 PM
  • 4 Replies

ok so here is my problem. i have a 6 month old teething baby that wont sleep! ive tired making the room dark and quite to see if that helps ive given her teething tablets for pain. nothing seems to work. shoot i even let her co sleep sometimes in hopes that we will sleep some but still no that doesnt help. so i have 2 qouestions for you moms.

1, how do you help a teething baby sleep through the night (well actually how do
 you just get a baby to sleep threw the night)what did you do? what were your tricks?

2.off topic but how do you get a baby to sleep in there own room? i want my room back. i want it to just be for me a hubby but my dd wont sleep in her room for long. how did you teach your LOs to sleep in there rooms?

any advice will too. so please help im lost and this sucks. my poor hubby has to sleep in the living room sometimes just to get enough sleep for work in the morning.

by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
militarywife09
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 5:34 PM

For the teething I would put the gell on her gums that seems to help a little bit, but you just need to stick it out there isnt much you can do, at least tht I know of, it sucks trust me I know. As for the sleep in her own room thing I am no help at all, my DD will not sleep good with anyone so I havent had tht problem. good luck

pinkcamo.jpg picture by armywife1991

cuddlemonkeez
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Teething tablets, Tylenol, Cold Washcloth to chew on, Popsicle (made of bm, formula or water maybe some really diluted juice for such a young baby).

Really you just have to wait it out and comfort her. Now isn't the time to try and get her to sleep through the night, wait until she's done teething. Of course my youngest didn't sleep through the night until a year... not to scare you :)

I co-slept and to get my kids into their cribs they did much better in a different room. They would fight the crib 'till the bitter end when it was in my room. They always seemed to do better with a nightlight too. I use a light up sining Leap Frog soft toy for my youngest. It has a setting that will keep it lit and playing nightime music for five minutes. I made it part of the routine. Every time I put him down or went to check on him if he woke up I'd push the button. He eventually figured out it meant he wasn't getting up.

momtorussell
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 10:08 AM

We did the check and console method of CIO, BUT it isn't recommended with a teething baby.  Actually, no sleep method is recommended if they are sick, teething or on vacation.  I would wait it out because even if she was sleep trained, it is still likely she would wake like our son does.  We are considering it a phase and once it passes, we will become more strict on his night wakings, but he hurts and I am his mommy who needs to comfort him during this time. 

Georgie0502
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 11:10 AM

1. My daughter is currently teething. We've found (and have the pedi's blessing on this) that giving her 2 teething tablets, 1 dosage of orajel, and 1 dosage of Motrin (tylenol doesnt work for anyone of us, including her) does the trick, it stops the pain and she does to sleep shortly after. If she still needs help, a back massage and a lullaby usually do the trick

As for question 2 cant help ya. DD's crib is in our room

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)