Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

this should be fun!

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 4:58 PM
  • 6 Replies

okay, so i thought it will be cool to talk about your day of birth stories of are most recent one! here goes my story,

on July 11th, i was having horrible contractions, I went to the hospital and they sent me back home, july 12th the day of my baby shower, i started to bleed! my sisters were like, aww its nothing..that happens..because my baby shower was supposed to be a "secret" lol, so im like screaming bloody murder! BRING ME NOWWWW

so they brought me, they did a ultra sound, my daughters UB was wrapped around her neck two times, the doc did some painful thing to my twat and my tummy, the thing was..my daughter was going to be a breech pregnancy! so they had to induce me, i had a 12 % chance in having a vaginal birth. they said i had to get a c- section. i was worried, but i said fine, they gave me a half hour!. i was 4 cm dilated so they gave me an EPI to heal the pain. all of a sudden my stomach starts hurting, i actually felt it, i felt like i had to take a shit, then bam..she turned quickly, and i gave birth! the docs were soo surprised she turned, he said that hardly ever happens! hes like man, i really wanted 2 torture u in the c section table lol! because i drove him  through hell while i was preggos! but yeah thats my labor stories! cant wait 2 hear the rest

by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cuddlemonkeez
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 6:32 PM

I was induced with my last one, but I was already dialated to three. Once labor started baby was out in under 30 minutes! Yikes! I am so scared of going into labor n my own if we have another. What if we don't make it to the hospital in time?!

proud_mommy1212
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 7:26 PM

I was induce with my first and only right now, he was 5 days late, so I went in Monday after noon induce Tuesday morning, by 6:59 my little boy was here. BUt I did have a hard delevery, he was stuck on my tailbone, the had to use the forceps and vacum to get him. I swear my doc is stupid, I told him my first appiment I needed a c-section and he won't listen.

Georgie0502
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I woke up at 1 in the morning, bc I had to pee. As I was walking to the bathroom I felt a little trickle of water running down my leg... (Let me just say here, I was in total denial) So, I kept walking and as I got to the toilet and got ready to sit down a HUGE gush of water came out. Still in denial, I peed than went back to the bedroom and told SO that I thought my water broke.

He is a very hard sleeper, you usually have to shove him and shake him to get him up, but he sat straight up and started freaking out, grabbing the bags and what not. I told him to chill, maybe I just peed my pants (again, still in denial) I wasn't feeling any contractions, and I was going to go back to sleep, but he wouldn't let me.

So, 2:30 am we finally make it into the hospital and they take me to triage to do the tests to see if my water broke. The doc said "Oh i see hair that defeats the purpose of this test." So they took me to L&D. Still, I was in denial and felt NO contractions. They had to hook me up to the monitor so that they could make sure I actually was having contractions.

It wasn't until 1 that afternoon, when they gave me petocin bc I stalled at 8 cm that i felt anything. And she was out at 1:30

happymommy114
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 12:29 PM

I woke up at 1 am on the due date predicted by my ultrasound (which also happened to be my doc's first day back from vacation!).  I went to the bathroom and noticed slight contractions.  I didn't really feel tired, so I went into the nursery, sat in the rocker, and read some of my pregnancy books.  After about an hour of that and the contractions continuing, I decided to try to go back to bed.  I laid there for about an hour and started timing them.  They were about 8 minutes apart and not bad at all.  I finally decided to get up and finish writing out thank-you cards for all of my shower gifts.  My contractions kept up, and it was so funny - my daughter would warn me every time one was coming - she'd kick me, and then the contraction would start.  lol  I knew my hubby's alarm would be going off at 5 am, so I figured if my contractions were 5 min apart at that time, I'd call the hospital.  They were, so I called, and they told me to start making my way in.  He heard me call and got up right away, asking if he was going to work that day.  I said no and told him he could take a shower while I got the rest of our bag packed.  On the way to the hospital, we were both hungry, so we went through the McDonald's drivethrough for breakfast because I knew they wouldn't let me eat once I got to the hospital.  We got there around 7 am, and I was dilated to 4.  I stayed that way until they broke my water around 1:30.  Then the contractions started to get worse.  I pushed for about 45 min, and my beautiful baby girl was born at 4:30 that afternoon.  =)

Christi
Wife to Jeremy, my handsome hubby of 3 yrs
Mommy to Avery, our beautiful 18 month old daughter
Helping Moms Work From Home!
www.DoneWithDaycare.com

newmom2be08
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 12:50 PM

I gave birth to our son on my actual due date, June 5th.  On the morning of June 4th when I woke up, I was spotting a little bit (bloody show), but didn't have any pain.  I went about my day as usual, and around 10 PM I started cramping.  My DH and I were in the middle of an disagreement at the time.  I told him that the cramps (contractions) were getting worse, so we starting timing them.  At that time they were all over the place...11 minutes, 9 minutes, 12 minutes.  I called L&D at the hospital and they told me to take a shower and try to get some sleep.  Yeah, right, sleep when I am in pain?   I still didn't think I was in labor because at my OB appt. just a few days before I was only dilated to 1/2 cm.  Well, the contractions kept getting worse and closer together so we headed to the hospital at 3 AM.  My DH is a physician at that hospital and was looking for his parking pass so we wouldn't have to walk a long distance.  I could have killed him at that moment...WHO CARES ABOUT THE STUPID PARKING PASS!  I told him to pull up at the emegency room entrance and give the keys to the valet (he has a problem with handing his keys over to anyone).  We got to the L& D floor and they hooked me up to the monitors and got my personal info.  The contractions were getting worse and closer together.  My OB was expected to do rounds at 7 AM and would check in on me then.  She checked me and said, yes, you are in labor and broke my water.  I was 4 cm dilated at that time. I got an epidural at 8:30 AM and dilated rather quickly.  I started pushing around NOON and at 2:16 PM I had our beautiful baby boy in my arms!  That is a day I will never forget!  Now daddy and Jacob share the same birthday! 

Now recovery....that's a whole other story!  LOL!

2008_MOMMy
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Ok just after school I had to go see the Dr, cuz it was passed my expected due date and they needed to do a check up, well The mid wife saw me and decided that she was going to use her fingers to induce me,

well I was attending a school board meeting later that evening and had felt some minor contractions but I wasnt sure exactly what they were so I just ignored them and continued what I was doing. Well the meeting ended about 10:30 pm and my instructor drove me to my house.

I was laying in bed and it just felt like i had to go pee even though I had already went not even 1 minute ago. So i got out of bed and went then climbed back into bed... I kept tossing and turning and i thought to myself that I think Im having contractions....

so I walk out and tell my parents, they ask how far apart they were and im like idk I think maybe about 30 minutes apart... but then I had another 1 they asked how long was that im like 15min. so they are like alright geet in the truck....

Dad called Zac (who is my boyfriend) to let him no. He beat us to the birthing center when he had been at work. (lol it was so cute) We got checked in and had found out I was only dilated to a 2. So the nurses wanted me to walk..... well i was only able to walk for about 15 minutes before I had to sit down ( Although those 15 minutes sure did feel alot longer)

The nurses came im awhile later and checked, I was now to a 4 and was able to get the IV pain reliever.... but just after she gave me it im like oh I guess I should have went to the bathroom first, it was at this time that my water broke.

After a while i finally made it back to the bad and layed down and fell asleep, At this time it was about 2:30 am

I woke up around 3:45 to my body trying to push my baby out. But the dr wasnt there yet. And the nurse came to check me but left before mentioning what I was dilateed to... So now my body is pushing yet my mom is telling me not to push yet cuz I needed to wait for the dr to arrive...

4:15 my daughter was born. She was 7lbs 4.4 oz and 21 inches long

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN