Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Question about crawling PIOG

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 9:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

Okay so my daughter is almost six months and I was just wondering when she will start to crawl. I know every child is different but I would like to know like a time frame thing. She is already pushing herself forward but not lunging. she still doesn't put her legs under with her head up but she is getting there.

Morgan Lily Marlene Leverton 9/28/08

by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AJsMomma
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 9:53 PM

It really varies. My son didn't crawl until he was eight months old. My daughter on the other hand, is 6 1/2 months and has been crawling all over the house for a month. Both are normal!

Slow her down if you can, once they crawl you have to vacuum every freaking day, LOL.

my2boys700
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 8:18 AM

My first son crawled at around 8 months and my son now is 10months and still doesn't crawl.  He scoots around if he has to on his behind and rolls around wherever he wants to go!   Doctor says he's not worried and I shouldn't either since he knows how to get what he wants and he is developmently on track.  The little girl in his daycare though has been crawling since about 5months!

momtorussell
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Don't worry.  My son is 10 1/2 months and only started crawling VERY SHORT distances three days ago.  He too rolls around and army crawls as his major form of getting around.  Believe me, he gets into everything.  He can now pull himself up and stand on his knees and get into everything that way too.  I am thinking he will probably skip crawling for the most part.  Enjoy your baby being a baby because it doesn't last forever. 

happymommy114
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 12:14 PM

My daughter didn't start crawling forward until she was about 9 months old.  She'd scoot backwards on her belly but just couldn't master going forward.  lol  Once she started moving forward, there was no stopping her!  She started walking about a week after her first birthday and is now running all over and climbing everything in sight! 

Christi
Wife to Jeremy, my handsome hubby of 3 yrs
Mommy to Avery, our beautiful 18 month old daughter
Helping Moms Work From Home!
www.DoneWithDaycare.com

2008_MOMMy
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 12:23 PM

my daughter is almost 10 months and she just barely started to crawl about three weeks ago and now she is getting into everything. lol I thought that she would start to walk before she crawled but now its just alot  of fun playing chase... She is also pulling herself up onto her feet when ever she gets a chance, so enjoy the time you have to just place them there with there toys without worrying about what she is getting into this time, lol...

have fun, good luck, and just be patient.

newmom2be08
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Isn't that the truth!  Our son starting crawling around 8 mos. also.  I encouraged him to crawl because I didn't want him to be behind in his development.  Well, he learned and now he is unstoppable!  I miss the days of putting him on a blanket on the floor and him actually staying there.  LOL!

Quoting AJsMomma:

It really varies. My son didn't crawl until he was eight months old. My daughter on the other hand, is 6 1/2 months and has been crawling all over the house for a month. Both are normal!

Slow her down if you can, once they crawl you have to vacuum every freaking day, LOL.

Baileysmom511
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 2:31 PM

My daughter crawled at 7 1/2 months, I was so excited then, but now....I can't relax for a minute. Enjoy your time with your little immobile one. :)

JLea, wife of Cory and mother to 10 month old Bailey.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)