Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

sleeping situation

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 2:39 PM
  • 3 Replies

My baby is a month and a half and he will not go to sleep unless he's sleeping with me.My husband works nights so right now I don't mind sleeping with the baby since I don't have my husband to sleep with,but I'm just worried about the future.Everything I've read says not to let him cry until he's three months so I can't just leave him in his crib to cry until he falls asleep so what should I do? embarrassed

God Bless Your Day!!blowing kisses

by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
doownosyla
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 2:47 PM

co-sleeping worked for me. My daughter would fall asleep with me and then i would lay her down. We did this for a while-as we shared a room, so it was easier. But now we have our own rooms and she sometimes still falls asleep with me. Sometimes she goes to bed and sometimes I lay with her in her bed as she dozes off. Co-sleeping is ok. She's is a great sleeper. i think its all up to you and what you are comfortable doing. habits are hard to break though, so if you are not wanting to keep it up in the long run, i wouldn't make it SUCH a habit.  

Lyricj0627
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 3:55 PM

I kind of co-slept. I would put my son in his crib for naps and for bedtime. When he would wakeup for his feedings then he would be in bed with me since I breastfed and it was just easier. At 3 months he was sleeping through the night in his own bed! You just have to keep working at it. A little cocleeping is okay, my son didn't become dependent on it and he actually doesn't like to be in the bed a lot now and he is 8 months old.

JennCandi
by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 11:22 AM

I didn't mind co-sleeping when Ryan was little, but now he's 8 months old and won't sleep in his crib.  I think it was a mistake to wait this long.  Now he stands up in the crib and screams.  I'm scared he's going to hurt himself if I leave him there.  He falls down and hits his head or face on the sides of the crib.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN