Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

New on here......and feeling down

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 9:50 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi everyone, I just had my little girl Lauren on 3-5-09.  She weighed 6 pounds 14.6 ounces and is 19 1/2 inches long.

I've been feeling pretty good overall.  Before I had her, I was in the hospital for 12 days with contractions and leaking.  It was depressing, yet comforting in the hospital knowing people were helping me but I missed my family so much.  I got in this mode of lying in bed and watching tv.  Well, I've been wanting to do the same thing at home....to an extent.  I do want to get things done around the house, but I sooo enjoy lying on the couch and talking on here.  I talked on here all the time on the pregnancy board.  It actually made me sad knowing it's not the same, talking on that board.

Anyway, I'm so happy and look forward to when my daughter wakes up to feed her.  I love holding her and kissing her.  She's the sweetest thing in the whole world!!!

I do notice that I feel down too.  I've been wanting to talk to my mom a lot and I told her I missed her.  The past 2 nights my husband wasn't home until after 9pm and he goes right to bed to help with the feedings.  He had a training at work and last night had to get new tires.  So, I feel like I really miss him too.  I started to tear up tonight cause I missed him so much.  When I see something on tv with emotion, I start to tear up.

My concern is that it will get worse.  It doesn't feel the same as with my first daughter.  I just feel like right now I want to be home with Lauren and rest.  I just don't want to get stuck in that mode of not doing much of anything, but take care of her and my other daughter.

Anybody else feel like me, but not really get postpartum depression fully?

Thanks for any advice, Katie

by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Braille93078
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Anyone?

h_anne88
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 10:14 PM

hi,

I just wanted to tell you that yes I was actually really happy until my husband went back to work then i started getting depressed. but it got better, and it felt much better to talk to someone who is understanding about it. but i would suggest speaking to your doctor as well. he/ she can either confirm that it is not really much, or it may be more than you think it is. so just to be on the safe side i would just talk to the doctor about it. and if you need any support im sure there are so many moms that have gone through the same thing. good luck and God bless! :)

SamanthaAgain
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 10:18 PM

I had a touch of baby blues, but not ppd.  Just really stay aware of yourself, and don't be afraid to talk to your doctor if it gets any worse at all.  It can slip into post partum psychosis really quick, so it's not something to mess around with.

Chele1313
by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Hi there Congratulations on your new lil one

I too went thru a lil of what you are feeling, not quite PPD, just a lil down in the dumps.  Remember you jsut went thru a big ordeal...pregnancy and birth. i too missed being preggo, it was the greatest thing, still miss it sometimes.  It will get better, your hormones will start to get more even keel.  BUT please if you start feeling worse, talk to someone, your hubby or your doc or us....Each pregnancy and birth are different and even how you are afterwards which may be why your feelings are different this time.

I moved 6 weeks after my son was born, and i didn't want to even look at a box to unpack but each day i made myself take an hr and unpack something while he was napping, you may feel better if you get up and do something lil even if it is soemthing frivalous for your self...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN