Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my babys major growth spurt I dont think its normal (piog) Fixed now lol

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 5:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

So my son was born almost 3 weeks early and was tiny at birth

6lbs 12 oz and 19 inches long but super super skinny

Jude 4 days old in a newborn onesie that was to big..

he kept jerking his arm lol he was in preemie jacket from nov  when he was born up until the first week of jan., and he was in newborn diapers

Now here we are 3 1/2 months after birth and hes 24 1/2 inches long and 17 1/2 lbs

lol I love his expression

Hes in size 6-9 month size clothing and size four diapers(hes got a big butt like his mom), I cant belive this and i cant keep up with his growth.

Two more pics for comparison

This one is from Jan.                                                     This one is from Feb.

I mean I knew there was a chance he would be big I mean I am 6'3 the father (spermdonor) is 5'8. But this major of a growth is rediculous, he has a dr appointment next month I cant wait to see what the dr says.

I mean if he keeps growing at this rate he will be in toddler size before one and he will be in pullups.

I'm a single Mom to one lil'boy named Jude, who I had via c-section. Hes bottle fed and circumcised, and we co sleep. I have epilepsy, Multiple sclerosis, I'm a recovering anorexic, and I am Bipolar. Doing the best I can by myself.

by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mama2onelilboy
by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 5:48 PM

has this happened to any of you?

mama2jarednrae
by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 5:52 PM

He looks really healthy and thats a good thing...
My daughter is 9.5 months and weighs 14lbs still in size 2 and 3-6 months....but we are about ready to bump her up a size and just deal w/ everything being a little big....
Everyone is different...
Oh and she was born at 37 weeks...and was 5lbs 12oz 19 inches..
My first was born at 37 also...was 5lbs 14oz ...but he was his sisters weight now at 3-4 months......

Mama2onelilboy
by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 5:56 PM

ok good i was starting to worry some its like every week something doesnt fit

Quoting mama2jarednrae:

He looks really healthy and thats a good thing...
My daughter is 9.5 months and weighs 14lbs still in size 2 and 3-6 months....but we are about ready to bump her up a size and just deal w/ everything being a little big....
Everyone is different...
Oh and she was born at 37 weeks...and was 5lbs 12oz 19 inches..
My first was born at 37 also...was 5lbs 14oz ...but he was his sisters weight now at 3-4 months......

momof3at23
by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Are you formula feeding or breast feeding?

angelicangel09
by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 11:29 PM

looks healthy!! my daughter is almost 7 months and weighs 15 lbs. every child is diffrent though

CrystalDawn2506
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 12:31 AM

In the first yr they tend to have tons of growth spurts and after a few it can slow down as well. He looks like a really healthy boy doesn't look overweight or to long looks a bit older but still looks healthy as can be. Just ask his ped all the questions you have and see what they say .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)