Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mommies of 9 month olds!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:17 AM
  • 23 Replies

what is your feeding schedule like?

i give my son a bottle with cereal in the morning, then for lunch he eats a bottle with cereal and some first/second foods (generally switch up the colors; green beans, squash, etc) puffs for snack, a bottle with cereal for dinner, either puffs or a biter biscuit for snack and then a bottle before bed. i want to encorporate more first/second foods such as one at dinner as well. does that sound about right for his age?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imasurvivor
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:17 AM

My daughter is 9 1/2 months & weighs about 15lbs. 6oz now.

Here's her schedule:

Breakfast: 4oz Bottle and Mix Cereal & Fruit

Snack: 2-4oz Bottle w/a Biscuit, Cracker, Puffs or Cereal

Lunch: 4oz Bottle w/Stage 2 Chicken & Rice or Veggies

Dinner: 4oz Bottle w/Stage 2 Dinner & Veggies

Bedtime: 6oz Bottle

3am & 6am she wakes and will take about 2-4oz

howardsmom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:42 AM

hmm I've been feeding my 8 month old stage 2 and 3 foods he esp loves the mac n cheese for 2 months now..and he's at a great healthy weight...actually his weight is low for his hieght but he's still healthy.  I'm gonna start table food in about a week or so..I just gotta start figuring out what I can cook..its just us right now so I don't normally cook much

elizabg
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Jenica was only 17 lbs and change at her 9 month check up.  She is on the small side but is gaining steadily.  She has an 8 oz bottle in the morning, a 6 oz bottle that i make her cereal (about a 1/2 cup)  with then she gets the rest, a 6 oz bottle with a either 2nd or 3rd jar of food, and then an 8 ounce bottle before bed. 

You substitute a jar of food for the cereal at one of the feeding. 

2wndrfl_btrflys
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:12 AM

This schedule is good but I would change her bedtime bottle to 8 oz and see if she would eat the whole thing and it could keep her from waking up during the night. just a suggestion.

Quoting imasurvivor:

Here's her schedule:

imasurvivor
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Quoting 2wndrfl_btrflys:

This schedule is good but I would change her bedtime bottle to 8 oz and see if she would eat the whole thing and it could keep her from waking up during the night. just a suggestion.

Quoting imasurvivor:

Here's her schedule:

I have tried the 8oz but it just goes to waste...as it is, she even leaves a bit of the 6oz behind.

I even added a bit of rice ceral to the bedtime bottle as well, but on the nights I did that, she was up almost every hour fussing, w/really bad gas & spitting up.

She never spits up!

So after a few tries of that, I figured the 3 & 6am were a breeze in comparison.

Thanks for the suggestion tho...

xoxoxo's 

mommyfoor
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:32 AM

WOW looking at these replies my son is a really big boy lol hes already a little more than 22 pounds!

what kinds of food are you looking at to cook? i've been wanting to start table foods too but i'm really not sure. maybe some sliced up sweet potatos or something? i just got one of those teething things that you put fruit or food inside the little net and they can carry it around and just suck/chew on the netting...he LOVES it and it makes it easy for him to eat slices of fruit...plus he just got his first two teeth so i'm a little weary about letting him eat table food...

Quoting howardsmom:

hmm I've been feeding my 8 month old stage 2 and 3 foods he esp loves the mac n cheese for 2 months now..and he's at a great healthy weight...actually his weight is low for his hieght but he's still healthy.  I'm gonna start table food in about a week or so..I just gotta start figuring out what I can cook..its just us right now so I don't normally cook much

Amber115
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:44 AM

My son is also about 22 pounds. He only gets one "meal" a day, around dinner time. He is BF on demand the rest of the day and night and has some snacks (gerber puffs, fruit bites, cereal bar, yogurt, etc) in the morning sometimes. At night though, he sits in his high chair with some of the above mentioned snacks while I make dinner. Then I give him either a stage 3 jar of food or 2 smaller jars, then he follows up with a few more snacks.

My question to you is, are you putting the cereal in the bottle or are you giving him the bottle and some cereal? Either way, if you are looking to get him more on a regular schedule, I would suggest getting rid of the cereal and replacing it with fruits and veggies in the morning and lunch time, then giving some kind of dinnerish food at night (JMO though). I have never BF any of my other kids this long, so past feeding schedules have been fruit for breakfast, veggies for lunch, and meat something (apples and chicken type) for dinner with bottles in between. Every child is different though and you need to figure out what works for you guys. Some kids aren't even ready for jar food at this age, but my son is already taking bites of our food. Good luck!

MommyRoberts626
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:52 AM

This is my DD schedule:

Wakes up at 6:45

Breakfast: Rice cereal or oatmeal with fruit or cherrios with fruit

Snack: Fruit or yogurt melts or puffs.

Lunch: Stage 3 dinners or some kinda of vegitable smooched so she can eat it with her hands and some fruit and some times turkey.

Snack: Fruit or yogurt melts or puffs

Dinner: Stage 3 dinners or a vegitable with fruit and some kinda grain either steamed plain rice or plain noodles.

Then after dinner she gets a bath and then after a bath she gets some oatmeal with fruit and then nurses and goes to bed. She used to wake up to feed ALL the time but I have started to let her cry it out and she only cries for at most 20 minutes and then she is back asleep and sleeping through the night... sometime she will wake up to nurse at 5 but other then that she is usually good. She also nurses through out the day but that is not scheduled it is usually when she wants it.

MommyRoberts626
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Oh and my DD is 9 months and weighs 18 pounds

Amber115
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:59 AM

After reading yours, I think it is time I made sure he has a "real" breakfast every morning. LOL Thanks!

Quoting MommyRoberts626:

Oh and my DD is 9 months and weighs 18 pounds

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)