Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do at a 1-year birthday party?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:13 PM
  • 6 Replies

My daughter is turning 1 in a month and we are throwing her a party but I don't know what to do other than food and opening presents. Most of the guest are going to be adults and their kids. The kids that are coming are between the ages of 5 months and 3 years. We are having it at a park but there aren't enough baby swings for everyone. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do for activies for the kids? Any advice is much appreciated.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Chele1313
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 8:05 AM

Bubbles, and balls (soocer baseball), just let them run around and play.  They have been couped all winter i presume (i am in pa and i tis cold so we have been inside alot), they will be glad for the chance to let loose and run free.  We took our son to a park last wknd and it was busy so we had to share time on things, he was just happy being around other kids and stretching his legs...

And Happy 1st to your L O

austinadamsmom
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 9:17 AM

My son turned a 1 last December and we had a party at the park. I really didn't do anything other then food and presents because all the kids were so young it really didn't matter what they did.  Only thing was after cake and ice cream we let them go run around and play and do there own thing.  Believe me they well have a great time just being out side playing.

gabesmomma05
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:38 PM

If your having it at a park you may not need to worry about activities. Maybe bring some sidewalk chalk and bubbles. That would be all I would do. My son is a October child and we always do a hay ride.

boy on a swing         in love             expecting girl

Mother to Gabriel           Wife to Matthew              Mary Elisabeth

10/24/2005                         09/04/04                     Arrival Date: 05/28/09

tigerlily08
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 3:34 PM

We live in Ga so it has already been in the 80's and it is just spring. We had thought about bubbles. We are taking her to the park, the one that we are having the party at, Saturday so we will see what she does then and figure out if we will need other activitites or not. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Quoting Chele1313:

Bubbles, and balls (soocer baseball), just let them run around and play.  They have been couped all winter i presume (i am in pa and i tis cold so we have been inside alot), they will be glad for the chance to let loose and run free.  We took our son to a park last wknd and it was busy so we had to share time on things, he was just happy being around other kids and stretching his legs...

And Happy 1st to your L O

bumblebee417
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 12:10 PM

my son is turning 1 in april, we are also doing it at a park, i am bringing bubbles, balls, and kites for older kids and adults, i found good deals at the dollar store for favors, good luck!!

happymommy114
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 4:01 PM

I agree with the other posts.  Just being outside and able to run will be fun for the kids.  Bubbles, balls, chalk, and kites sound great!  If it's going to be really warm and other parents don't mind, you could even do water balloons.  We didn't do any structured activities at my daughter's 1st birthday.  Everyone just enjoyed visiting and eating.  ;)  Have fun!

Christi
Wife to Jeremy, my handsome hubby of 3 yrs
Mommy to Avery, our beautiful 19 month old daughter
Helping Moms Work From Home!
www.DoneWithDaycare.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)