Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nose piercing cotastrophe...help, keloid?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2009 at 2:36 PM
  • 3 Replies

well i got my nose pierced about a month ago and it was soo cute and everything was going smoothly and it healed just fine.

then a bump started forming and getting bigger and bigger, it wasnt pussing or anything it didnt look infected just a big red bump.

so i went on google and read some stuff about it and came to the conclusion that ita keloid. i called the piercer and i went down there and he changed the jewelry for me since i read that someties helps. he then told me to make a paste out of asprin and wear it over night on my nose piercing so i did that for about 4 days and it seemes to get better. than i woke up one morning and it was crusty and bleeding and NOW I think its getting infected.

they said not to take the piercing out no matter waht because its good for drainage and if taken out the keloid might just grow bigger.

im so sad becasue i love the piercing and i dont wanna have this tumor lookin thing on my nose.

anybody heard of this or dealt with it or just flat out kmow anything about this i really appreciate any input. im kinda scared.

if need be i have pictures of it

by on Apr. 22, 2009 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
fallentears1986
by on Apr. 22, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Yup it sounds like a keloid. get some tea tree oil (u can get it at most any pharmacy) and mix it with aspirin powder and put it on there. Dont pick or pull at it. My tagus got a keloid and It worked when I did the mixture. Also if you think you got it infected then get some sea water and mix it with warm water and soak it. Most times at tattoo parlors they sell something called H2Ocean that is a sea salt solution that heals piercings really well. If It gets worse or starts to puss take it out, you can always get it repierced when it heals!

I'm a 22 year old non-married, still with baby's daddy, Bi-polar, pro-choice, Anton LaVey Satanist, vaccinating, formula feeding, sometimes co-sleeping, non-spanking, non-CIO, non-statistical, planning on getting a B.S. in psychology, loving and caring, rock out, smoking, Marilyn Manson loving mommy of an adorable girl named Dawn Raven. I'm not your stereotypical idea of a mama but I love my daughter more than anything else. I love my fiance and hope to get married someday! I'm anything but what you think I am!

Nicole080984
by on Apr. 23, 2009 at 2:49 PM

I had that...I bought some baid-aid brand foam cleaner (in the blue bottle) and it helped clear it up, I just had to clean it CONSTANTLY... 

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Hayden & Bevin

I am a formula feeding, never co-sleeping, sleeping in their own room, stomach sleeping, vaccinating, time-out and CIO believer, pro-induction, pro-choice, tattooed and pierced, needs to lose some weight mama.
adawn_2004
by on Apr. 24, 2009 at 6:34 PM
I had one for about a month and all of a sudden it just went away, i think its something most people have with nose piercings! I hope it goes away!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)