Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any other power nappers out there?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:52 PM
  • 2 Replies

My little guy went from a good napper to a power napper and it is really starting to effect his nighttime sleeping. He now naps 4 times ranging from 30 minutes to 1 hour. Before he would take a quick nap in the morning and then a nice long nap over lunchtime. He went from sleeping through the entire night - down at 7:30pm and up at 6am to getting up anywhere from 3 to 5 times a night. He doesn't require feedings at night - he just wakes up and can't put himself back to sleep. I just don't get it.

Anyone else experiencing this or have experienced this problem? Did it clear itself up? Did you start a "sleep training method" to get them back to being a good sleeper? If so, which one did you use and at what age were they?

Thanks for all of your advice!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ashybaby87
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:40 PM

My daughter is 16 months. Sometimes she takes a quick nap other times a long nap.

I notice if she plays outside or goes on any type of outting out the house she naps better.

fcm
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 6:18 PM

How old is your baby? Mine is 7 months and doing the same thing. He loves a good 30-45 minute power nap. I can get him to go for two hours only occasionally. He has been sleeping through the night for months, but now wakes several times a night crying and needs a pacifier or reassurance. He goes back down and then wakes again later. We have resorted to having him sleep in a crib in our room so we don't have to walk across the house 5 times a night. It disrupts our own sleep less. The pediatrician said he may just have separation anxiety at this point. I haven't found any solution, except co sleeping. He spent the whole night on our bed twice and never cried when he woke. He stirred and went back to sleep. We don't plan to co-sleep on a regular basis though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)