Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

??(PIOG)

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:57 PM
  • 1 Replies

I'm calling the doctors tomorrow to schedule appointment but figured I would ask in a post also.

My son is 2 months old and I was feeling around on the back of his head/ neck and noticed this knot thing. Its really low on the back of his head or I guess you could say its his neck. The bump moves though when I touch it push on it. It kind of reminds me of when he got his shots the knot that was on his leg could be pushed on and would move.

Any ideas?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
momof3at23
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Lymph nodes are responsible for protecting the body against infection, and, like all lymph tissue - including tonsils and adenoids - they tend to increase in size during childhood and then shrink and become less numerous as a child reaches adolescence.

The most common area where we see lymph nodes is the neck, usually the region under the jaw and sometimes in the back of the neck. Lymph nodes can also be felt or noticed at the back of the head, (called the occipital area) especially in babies).

Although the most common site for lymph nodes is in the head and neck area, we can also find lymph nodes in the groin and armpit areas. Most of these lymph nodes feel like small peas, but can get bigger.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)