Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want another baby!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ugh! I have been struggleing with this for a couple months now. Jace will be 2 in October... So if I were to concieve on my next furtle day (which is tomorrow!!) My baby would be born right around my husbands birthday. (Jace was born right after mine). Then in Nov 2010, we are going on a cruise. The baby would be 8 months old. I didn't think I wanted a little baby on the cruise but I found out all the things you can do the minimum age is 5. Jace will be 3 so we can't do anything anyway! Only think is, I will want to party at least a couple nights on the cruise but I strictly breastfeed my babies for at least a year... (Jace was 14 months) SOO! I am at a delima! I want a baby so bad!! And I also do not think I husband is ready. He barely helps me with our baby. Lol... But I don't need his help to be honest. What do you all think? What would you do????

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KairisMama
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:21 PM

IMO if you have a cruise planned, I'd wait. You DON'T want an 8 month old on a cruise.  There is so much to do at port, that it may be really hard. If you think family would watch the baby, go for it.

I too would love a baby right now, but I am making myself wait one more year. WE are saving to buy a new car, and I'd like my DD to be closer to starting school so I am not paying for 2 kids to be in daycare.

Kairi

DeRonnsMommy
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:24 PM

I have a toddler.....he is also 14 months.........you can have him if you want, lol..... but if you want to have a baby, i would wait until after the cruise.

MikkiD85
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Girl, I know exactly what you mean about wanting another baby, but if you've already got things planned, like your cruise, then I would wait until after you got back.

We want to have another baby and will be having my IUD removed next week, but we don't have anything holding us back from having anymore. Mine are 2 and 3 now, my youngest will be turning 3 in December. I think the time is good for us, but for you, I would wait.

Jace1028
by Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:48 PM

HA HA HA! I so feel like that somedays! But thank you girls. I am going to wait. I am a strict breast feeder and it would be hard to bring all the pumped milk and be drying up during the whole week of fun... And I have been on a cruise right before I got pregnant with my first so I don't think it will be extremely hard to have a baby there it's just the breast feeding. I refuse to formula feed and I will be 22 so I want to enjoy the free drinks on the beach with my best friend who is also going to be 22. Did I mention there are 36 of us going??? LOL, my whole entire family plus like 3 friends............. So finding a baby sitter won't be hard. It is honestly just the fact that I would still be breastfeeding! LOL

Quoting DeRonnsMommy:

I have a toddler.....he is also 14 months.........you can have him if you want, lol..... but if you want to have a baby, i would wait until after the cruise.

MommyMommy25
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:49 PM

I am TTC Now... My boys are 3(4 next month) and 2.. I want to be pregnant so bad... AGAIN.. I enjoy both my pregnancy. I wasn't sick , I look great.. I want to "sway" for a DD this time.. Looking for pink?

if your trying to have a certain gender there a great "sway" group called TTC- Sway for a Boy or Girl

masons.mom.6.16
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 7:25 AM

why would you want another baby if your husband isn't ready? I don't understand why someone would want to get pregnant without their spouse not knowing!

JennCandi
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 9:08 AM

My husband and I just got back from a cruise to the Greek Isles.  We left Ryan, 11 months, at home with Grandma.  It took him a few hours after we got back to figure out who we were, but then he was fine.  It's sad how quickly they forget you at this age!

I was very surprised at the amount of toddlers were on this cruise.  I don't know if I just notice them more now that I have a baby or if there were a lot more than usual.  They have baby sitting at night, if you want to go to dinner and the show without them.  The one hard part would be in the ports.  You can't leave them on the boat and you can't do any excursion through the boat with them.  You can probably plan private excursion ahead of time though.

MrsDuff
by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 1:14 AM

I hear you hun. Ive been wanting another baby for a couple of months now but have been making myself wait (DD is almost 1). DH doesnt think were ready. And we really arent in the financial department so Im making myself wait awhile longer. I start work next week though so hopefully we can start trying soon. And I go tomorrow to get my IUD out(having medical issues with it.) GOOD LUCK!!!

Photobucket

ashybaby87
by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 1:20 AM

I want another baby but later on down the line. We need to get more financially stable & my SO & i have been working to repair our relationship lately so now isn't the time for us. But honestly, you sound a bit unsure so i'd wait until you're 100% sure you're ready or the timing would work into your schedule. At least til after the cruise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)