Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help TTC

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 8:04 PM
  • 11 Replies

Me and my DH have been TTC for about 9 months now :( its not working AT ALL... ive tried ovulation tests, counting dayz, eating sweet potatos... everything... any other things any of you have tried??

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lundaylove
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 8:09 PM

seriously, dont try. lol. Just have sex. My hubby and i had sex almost every day for a full month and we concieved that month. We wanted a baby but we werent going to be upset if it didnt happen right away. It was our first month "trying" By keeping track of all that you get stressed and that will make it harder for you to concieve, so dont try, go with the flow and have lots of sex. Doggie style is best cuz it gets the sperm up there (its especailly good if you have a tilted uterus). have fun!

lverdone
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I'm not sure,  have you talked to your doctor?

Paolalew
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Quoting ARIKA1127:

Me and my DH have been TTC for about 9 months now :( its not working AT ALL... ive tried ovulation tests, counting dayz, eating sweet potatos... everything... any other things any of you have tried??

First of all, are you ovulating?What did the ovulation tests says? Have you tried to measure your basal temperature to che ovulation? Check fertilityfriend.com it has very helpful info and you can build your own charts!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
rtenboer
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 1:38 PM

There are alot of possibilities.  Talk to your doctor.  It took us 4.5 years and I had to take fertility drugs with my first.

baby boy

CAgirl1214
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 1:56 PM

We tried for a year and a half before i got pregnant, i lost it, got pregnant again 6 months later, lost it and got pregnant 2 months later, but we never stopped trying.  At the begining we were just counting days but my periods are irregular so that didn't work, the first time i got pregnant we had sex every day (that gets VERY old), the other 2 i was using ovulation testers.  when it was positive we'd have sex that night and the next 2 nights and that worked really well.  Also, one thing i did was i didn't stand up after we had sex at all until the morning and i slept with my butt on a pillow (just 1, more than that and it's too high).  Good luck!  Try not to get discouraged, sometimes it just takes a long time, it doesn't mean anything is wrong (I know you're probably sick to death of hearing that but it's true)

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Eskyborn
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Ok, this is going to sound crazy, but my Dh and I tried for almost 1 year. I was getting waxed one day and she told me that several people she knew drank Red Raspberry Leaf tea and got prego in a month or two. I figured I'd give it a shot and I was seriousley pregnant in a month!!! It's worth a shot.

baby

tomkat3
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I found that right after my period was when I was most fertile. We didn't plan any of ours, they just happened. Although I did wish and pray for my second one (there are 5 1/2 years between #1 & # 2)but that was hubby not wanting another one. Now we have 3. Go figure...Kat

JennyJuice
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Try tracking your ovulation wtih www.mymonthlycycles.com......pretty much everyone I know that used that including myself was pregnant in a month :D

pregnancy
Babyshoe
by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 9:06 PM

I've been in your shoes, but sometimes everything is fine, yet it takes awhile. We tried everything too. The month we got pregant, I was using a lube called Preseed, BD everyday before, during, and after ovulation, and switching positions from doggie to missionary each day. I think we got pregnantinour 11th month.

FYI: Dollar tree has pregnancy tests that are really $1 and they work just as well as the others.

Also, if you think to try to do any outrageous home remedies to get pregnant, DON'T! I learned the hard way :) GL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)