Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what does your one year old eat?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

I need some food ideas for my 13 month old. I feel like she is eating the same things all the time. I want her to have a variety, but she is a little picky. Anyone have any ideas?

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:40 PM

He eats everything we eat, just cut or torn up in little pieces.  The only thing we don't give him yet is seafood because DH is allergic.  But we don't have that very often anyway so it's not an issue.  Tonight he had macaroni and cheese, bbq chicken, and watermelon for dessert.

Follow me to learn about Cloth Diapering and why I choose to give my son choice.

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:44 PM

my lil guy eats everthing! cut up fruits, veggies, meats... he Loves those quaker flavored rice cakes, ice cream, pudding,yogurt, nutrigrain bars, oatmeal, pasta, cheerios, he says mmmmmmmmmm  :)

by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 7:09 AM

My one year old eats anything and everything.  His favorite breakfast is eggs w/ cheese.

pregnancy due date

by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 9:36 AM

We have a picky eater with a high gag reflex, so here is our list of regular foods:  (most of these are cut to pieces no larger than a pea) grapes, blue berries, cheese, pasta pick ups, crunchies, watermelon, puffs, yogurt melts, lasagna, spaghetti, any kind of pasta with sauce of any flavor, shredded chicken, bits of hamburger, bread/toast, lunch meat (especially salami), bacon, scrambled eggs, yogurt, ritz crackers with a thin layer of peanut butter, waffles, pancakes, french toast, tater tots, fries, chicken nuggets, rice and still the baby food oatmeal and fruit.

by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 10:21 AM

My daughter is 11 months old and she refuses to eat anything that is offered to her from the table.  She will only eat baby rice or oatmeal cereal & #2 Veggies and Fruit.  She is still being breastfed.  I talked to the ped about this and he does not seem concerned at this time.  He stated that as long as she is growing and gaining weight that I should not concern myself.  

feeding baby

Jackie Logli
Work At Home With An Awesome Team and Impeccible Company! $1.00 enrollments until the end of June! Visit:

by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 10:28 AM

everything. my 1 year old eats more than my 2 year old. he just turned one. he never liked jar food and i gave him table food and he loved it at 10 months and hasnt looked back

by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Everything. He is 15 months and will eat whatever is in front of him!!!!

by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 6:04 PM

my one year old eats everything she sees. she eats everytime somebody eats. she is not picky. she loves eggs and yogurt and cheese and hot dogs cut up real little.

by on Jul. 8, 2009 at 3:58 PM

LOL I know how you feel! My DD is a bit picky now unless the food comes off of our plates. All I can suggest is to just keep giving her tastes of different foods.

My DD is stuck on turkey dogs and chicken nuggets. Luckily she still likes some veggies and her fruit. I also give her yogurt and applesauce. Sometimes she will eat a grilled cheese and eggs with toast.

We just keep trying differnt foods because we don't want her stuck on the foods all time. All you can do is try.

by on Jul. 9, 2009 at 2:01 AM

My LO eats everything that we eat. You have to offer foods repetatively. And both of mine were like this... just be prepared the picky stage gets worse around two.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)