• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

13 month old screaching

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:45 PM
  • 4 Replies

My 13 month old has started screaching.  ALL THE TIME.  It is breaking my ear drums and is so embarrassing when we are out in public.  It's not just when she is upset.  I think she thinks it's an appropriate way to communicate!!  She doesn't have many words yet - just Dada and Nana (for banana) so maybe she is just frustrated that she can't communicate?  We try to tell her no but I don't think she understands no.  How can we get her to stop?  She is even teaching our friends' babies to screach too which is terrible.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
angelicangel09
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Welcome to the club. My dd started that awhile back and she is 11 months. nothing u really can do

jeramiahsmom808
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:57 PM

my baby gets realy excited about food and he screams loud sometimes. 

Lilypie

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
kenzie07
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:05 PM

My daughter started doing that around the same age.  I would just look at her and start whispering until she began copying me.  Although she wasn't saying words, she would just whisper gibberish.  It didn't always work, but I was sure grateful when it did!

newmom2be08
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Our son who is almost 14 months does that.  We just ignore him and try not to draw attention to it when he screams.   It really does work when we ignore his behavior as he realizes that he isn't going to get our attention that way. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)