• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do...

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hey mamas, I was just wondering what you do to play with your toddler. I try a lot of things, like going to the park, and letting Lilly swim in her little pool, but she is only 15 months and I was just curious as to what everyone else does to play with their little ones and keep things interesting.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
angelicangel09
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:48 PM

you could do blocks and stuff too. Learning things. the big puzzles with the knobs on them

princesspalace
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:21 AM

I have a 16 mos. old and we also get out to the park or go for walks.  But if we have to stay inside she has so many toys to choose from.  I have a 4 yr. old also who she gets to play with.  But when I play with her we sometimes play ball- roll it back & forth or practice throwing (it's a soft ball, lol), or use a shape sorter (it's one that also makes noise when you put the shape in), or she likes to play with her Leap Frog Piano & Guitar.  It is sometimes difficult to 'keep her entertained' so to speak, especially being 7 mos. pregnant I don't always have the energy.  But thankfully she does have big sister to play with too and she is also pretty good at keeping herself occupied when no one is available to play with.

AHamrick
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:31 AM

My dd is 18 months old and we color, finger paint, play with blocks, go swimming or to the park, play in her little pool here, play with her babies, put on some music and dance around the room, we sometimes go for walks, play with her musical instraments (drum, piano, xylephone, microphone, Christmas was music themed last year), read a book together, etc.......

Mrs.Nester
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Thanks for the ideas. I hope Lilly and I can have a lot of fun from now on. She has such a short attention span! LoL.

Davina7672
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Reading books to her are a great way to work on her attention span!  Just start with one per day, then add a second one and a third--short ones.  Not novels, but just nice books like Dr. Seuss and ones with bright colors are a great way to start catching her attention and working on expanding it a bit.  My toddler (2 1/2 years old) loves to pull her own books of the shelves and will sit and make up stories for herself using the picture:)  it's so adorable and it's great because it means that she'll probably love reading:)

Take care! 

Quoting Mrs.Nester:

Thanks for the ideas. I hope Lilly and I can have a lot of fun from now on. She has such a short attention span! LoL.

Dawn T

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)