• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby showers

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

im throwing one for a friend and need more ideas

So what are some awesome baby shower ideas, games, gifts..share here

at my baby shower they did a diaper raffle and every guest brought a pack of any size diapers...mainly size 1 and 2..for me lol cause my first daughter was 9pds 4 oz and they figured the 2nd would be big too so the new born wouldn't last...(and she was 9pds 12.3 at birth so they wouldn't have)....anyway the brought the diapers for a chance to win a prize..i had enough diapers to keep her diapered the first 3 months of her life..and that's alot of diapers

SERIOUS about losing weight? ..regardless if you have just had a baby, ttc or your children have grown come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ballewal
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:23 AM

How about a "labor survival kit" of all the things she's forget to bring when she goes into labor.

I am a liberal, non-CIO, formula feeding because it was necessary, pro-choice, pro-gay and straight unions, social libertarian, unitarian universalist, theosophist, free range, educated single mother of one beautiful girl who is my entire life.

newmom2be08
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 11:00 AM

We played the baby food game at my shower.  Take the labels off baby food jars and number them.  Pass them around to your guests and they have to guess what type of baby food it is.   I bombed on it as I was a first time mom and didn't have a clue to what was in the jars!  I think the only one I got right was applesauce!  Another game we played is "How well do you know the mom-to-be?"  My sister made a list of multiple choice questions, such as what is the mom-to-be's birthday, what was her favorite "lovey" as a child, what did she enjoy doing with her father when they spent time together, what was her weight at birth...you get the gist.  My sister and mother didn't play that game since they would have known all the answers!  Hope I've helped you with some ideas.  Have fun!

PixieMom420
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:38 PM

my stepmom had a great one.. although we didnt get to play it.. she had a tray of ice cubes that had little babies in each ice cube.. every guest got one and the first person to have their ice cube melt (they went in each persons drink of course) was suppose to yell out that their water broke.. we also decided it was better if the actual guest of honor didnt play to avoid panic..lol... but like I said, we didnt get to play cuz she had to do the ice cubes in 2 steps 1) fill the tray half way and freeze it then 2) put the babies in and fill them up the rest of the way (the babies she got floated) and the ice cubes ended up not being frozen in time because she forgot about them....but still.. cute idea.

<~*Pixie*~> ... Mom of 1 and a half. lolLilypie
(\__/)     This is Bunny.  Copy and paste
(='.'=)     him into your signature to
(")_(")    
help him gain world domination.

Nicole080984
by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I've always liked the activity where you get a bunch of plain white onesies and everyone gets to decorate them for the mom to be for new baby...if I ever throw a baby shower I'm doing that activity. 

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Photobucket

I am a formula feeding, never co-sleeping, sleeping in their own room, stomach sleeping, vaccinating, time-out and CIO believer, pro-induction, pro-choice, tattooed and pierced, needs to lose some weight mama.
cahedberg
by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 2:50 PM

For a gift idea...I really like the shower gift set from Mr Bobbles Blankets. http://www.mrbobblesblankets.com/

They have the cutest fabric and I own their toddler blanket, their infant blanket (which you can actually use as a swaddler) and their playard crib sheet (it really is the softest!)

Or if you want a very practical user gift highly recommend the Kiddopotamus swaddle blanket. The best!

armyArmy wife, Veteran  Christa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)