Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How old was your child when you stopped using baby laundry soap?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 10:48 AM
  • 49 Replies

Just wondering how many out ther use it and how old was your child when you stopped using it and started doing all the laundery together. My son is 18 months old and I'm almost out of his laundry soap, Up to now I've always washed his clothes separately but I don't know if there's any need for it now.

by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjessers
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 10:55 AM

I used Ivory Snow (powder) for both of my children.  They are 15 yrs apart....so it was easy to find in the stores for my oldest...but became very difficult to find yrs later. I had to stop using the Ivory Snow when my youngest was around 9 months because it was no longer available.  

Giovanni is now 21 months and I just use Tide and Gain.

adg0114
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 10:58 AM

I stopped useing dreft when my son was 11 months old. I now use cheer free & clear for all three of us and have never had a problem.

SamanthaAgain
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I got a bottle of Dreft at my baby shower, but once it was gone I used the same kind for all of us.  I do wash his clothes seperately though, just because I don't want all of his socks going missing.  They are so small they will get lost in our mountains of laundry.

Follow me to learn about Cloth Diapering and why I choose to give my son choice.

Mommy8271120
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I just used one larg bottle of baby detergent and then after it was gone I put their clothes with mine. I mean if you think about they are almost always touching something that you have washed in regular detergent anyway.

fallentears1986
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 2:07 PM

I got wayy to much baby detergent soap. I'm still using it and my DD is 10 1/2 months old. When I was in florida I just used tide though cause i didnt want to lug all that detergent in my luggage. She did fine with it and once all my baby soap is used up I'm just going to use tide. I used all btw. 

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Ayla-bellesmom
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I never used it.

searl731
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 2:18 PM

First child 6 months

Second child 3 months

Third not at all. I use the All free for all of us but do wash the baby stuff seperatly or with less dirty clothesdoing laundry.

TLVS
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 2:22 PM

I was unable to use baby soap with either of my children because their skin was to sensitive.  We ended up using ALL Free and Clear and are still using it.  My oldest is 2 and youngest is 9 months. 

I had to wash all of our clothes in the ALL Free and Clear with my 2nd baby because she would break out in a rash when her skin touched people's clothes or their skin from the soap they used.  (Even now I have to use DOVE for sensitive skin as a body wash because DD is BF and she breaks out from other kinds of body wash I use.)  I wash all of our clothes in it and the only thing I refuse to wash with the kids clothes is DH work clothes.  I won't wash my clothes with those nasty things!  I plan on continuing to use ALL Free and Clear until my daughter is 1 year and then we will test and see how she reacts to something a little cheaper.

Mikeysmom1001
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 2:50 PM

I never used it! We used All Free & Clear until he was 1 year and now we use regular detergent and wash his clothes with ours!

WaitingSarah
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 2:53 PM

I used Dreft until my daughter was one. Now I use regular Tide detergent but I still was her close seperatly.

My Name is Sarah ~

I am a Mommy to Autumn Rose ~ She is 1 Years old!

I am a Wife to Tom ~ 12 Years

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN