Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training help please!!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:16 AM
  • 8 Replies

I need some suggestions for geting my 2 year old son to poop on the toilet, he tells me every time he has to potty, but for some reason he doesnt with pooping. If he does, hes running to the bathroom, while hes pooping..so its still in his underwear... some days I think he holds it until I put his diaper on before bed.  I'm at my wits end with having to deal with poop!!! Any suggestions??

baby boy *~Hannah~*

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hannahridder
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:15 PM

bump

lverdone
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Is he peeing on the potty?  Most people I know have said their kids won't poop on the potty for a while after being "trained"  One of my friends was telling me her daughter was so adamant against it, she made herself constipated and finally she just went back to putting diapers on her.  She stopped making a big deal about it and she just quietly started going by herself. 

ecampos325
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 1:26 PM

When my daughter was potty training we made a potty chart for her if she got ten stickers in one week she was allowed to pick something that she wanted to do one day on the weekend;  when she pooped in the potty she received two stickers.  The chart that I made for her was a Dora one but you could do a theme that your son likes.  What would also help my daughter is that I would sit on the potty as if I needed to go too and she would always want to beat me at pooping in the potty and we would talk about how her day was and she would tell me secrets. 

Hope that this helps out.

Elizabeth

Tiera12
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 1:53 PM

When my daughter was 12 months old we started putting her on the toilet every time she started looking like she was going to poop. She would always make faces, or stop what she was doing and look like she was concentrating, so we just told her, "We go poop on the big girl toilet." Then run her in there as fast as we could. Now, at 14 months she basically does it on her own, she says, "Poo-poo" and we run her in their and she goes. We ALWAYS reward her, even more so when she poops than pees (she actually has a harder time peeing on the toilet than pooping). 

Try like one of the other mom's said, to be more relaxed about it, because it is a lot worse for him to be constipated than to not be potty trained yet..

GOOD LUCK!!  

hannahridder
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Thanks ladies! We have done the stickers, and then he gets sherbert if he goes poop, but i guess maybe its not enough to convice him to poop on the potty! LOL

jadekat75
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 2:02 PM

with my daughter it is a hit or miss with pooping in the potty. Sometimes she goes on the potty sometimes she doesn't. today she went in her cloth training pants (which I found works a heck of a lot better than disposable kinds, she will go in the disposable pants like a diaper versus going in the fabric ones). She walked up to me and told me she was pooping so we hurried to the bathroom and I got her undies off and placed her on the potty. she watched me clean her training pants while she was on the potty finnishing up her pooping. We just talked about what happened and I showed her her undies and she said, " eewww". I figured if I showed her the undies and showed her where the poopies are suppose to go it would help her to grasp it a little better, we shall see. Good luck!

kpwith3
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 2:29 PM

My son is 2 1/2 and he would go pee on the potty for a long time before he would poop. The first couple of times he pooped on the potty it was actually an accident (it just came out while he was peeing) and it kind of scared him a little. But then one day he was running around without anything on and had to go so he just went into the bathroom and pooped all by himself! He didn't even tell anyone he had to go. That was a little over 3 weeks ago and he hasn't worn a diaper during the day since. He does have accident still but I think that he does it more for attention, (since he has a brand new baby brother to compete with), but I find that if he doesn't have anything on he doesn't have accidents.

I think your son will let you know when he is ready. Just be patient and keep trying and encouraging him. We promised our son a new bike when he started to do poop and the second day he was using the potty he reminded me and my husband we had to buy his new bike! I wish you luck with everything! Potty training is very frustrating but just be patient. It will happen!

GWDMOMMIOF3
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:37 PM

MY OLDEST WOULD PEE IN POTTY BUT NOT POOP IN THE POTTY UNTIL HE TURN THRE. i TRIED EVERYTHING ALSO, BUT IT WAS LIKE WHEN WE SUNG HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON HIS THRID BIRTHDAY ; HE JUST STARTED POPPING IN POTTY

gwdmommi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)