Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddle bed ???'s

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:37 AM
  • 8 Replies

So, my mom and I have been in a debate. Do you use the crib mattress for the toddler bed?

Also, about how old was your children when they moved into a toddler bed?

Thanks in advance! :)

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
nily
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Yes I plan on using the same mattress it fits well and is on excellent conditions so why buy another one?

We are transforming Joseph's crib into a toddler bed next month because we lower the mattress all that we could and he still try to climb the crib. So I think is safer a toddler be now.

JDTDBLDNAE
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:43 AM

yeah i use the crib mattress for my toddler beds and all of my kids were 15 months when i switched them to toddler beds

KaileezMom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Thank you ladies! That's what i had told her but she didnt believe me. She thought we had to buy another one. WOW! 15 months? Thats soon for me! LOL! I already have a bed for her, but just didnt think she would be ready for it so soon. How about other mama's? About the same age for you as well?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

cahedberg
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:19 PM

My dd didn't switch until she was over 2! Only because a) she never tried to climb out of the crib and b) she didn't like it for a really long time. After we moved from v to ks, I just didn't give her the option by not setting up her crib in her new room. She adjusted pretty quickly.

armyArmy wife, Veteran  Christa

whales
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:52 PM

My first 2 girls were 18months when they were put in the toddler beds. My third child is 18 months right now but she isnt ready to be in the toddler bed....so we will probably wait till she is like 2 or when our newest addition is ready to be in the crib.

pixie1986
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:21 PM

For my oldest we used her crib mattress on her toddler bed, she was almost 2 years old when we switched her to a toddler bed, mainly because she would climb out of it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
wedding countdown

Photobucket

mama_uv_two
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:31 PM

We got my first daughter a toddler bed for her first birthday. She would sleep in it for her naps. We never used a crib she slept with us. I liked  the toddler bed it worked real well for us. We kept it in our room so I could hear her if she woke up in the night. I'm hoping to get another toddler bed for my other daughter soon. She will be one on the 5th. I hope you find an age that works for you! Good Luck

AngieBaby505
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:40 PM

My dd never really cared much for her crib and since I was single parent when she was an infant we co-slept until just before she turned two. Two months ago we moved into our new apt with my SO and she has her own twin sized canopy bed (it's made for toddlers so its very low to the floor) which she absolutely adores!! The transition was very easy for her. The first night we spent in our place she slept in her bed in her own with no problem..

With my second I intend on just playing it by ear.. following his cues as to when he's ready for a big boy bed..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)