Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shoe dilemma

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:58 PM
  • 12 Replies

We have an almost 15 month-old son and have a little problem.  I bought him some shoes at Target today and when I got them home and tried them on him, they didn't fit.  They were a size 5 and although they were long enough, they weren't wide enough.  Does anyone know where I can go to have his foot measured professionally?   Do any shoe stores do this anymore? 

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyOnLI
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:08 PM

stride rite

mlyn23
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 9:27 AM

i go with a half size or 1 sixe bigger for my lil boy. and some shoe stores here (i have found out lately ) actually carry wides in tot shoes....lol now they tell me. :)

RavishingMama
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 10:04 AM

My son has the same problem!  I've gone to Payless Shoes (they will measure your son's foot) and they carry wide width shoes which hopefully will work for you.  If they still aren't wide enough I am sure that some brand carries extra-wide but you'll probably have to find those online. 

lverdone
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:30 PM

I always go to stride rite - They will measure and fit.  They also have some great sales.

dgoodridge84
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I think you can go to any shoe store and have their foot measured, atleast around here you can. Pediped shoes are great for babies with fat feet, but I think they can only be ordered online? I get mine off ebay. 

howardsmom
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 1:22 PM

ugh my son has a wide foot since he was about 6 months old shoes dont fit him....even the wides at payless dont fit and it seems like only the ugly shoes are made wide enough. Good luck with finding cute shoes for a wide foot..if u find some let me know where..lol I found some soft shoes at Oldnavy but they only go up to 18months so once he hits that age I'm SOL...lol

amzbrznjz
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 6:04 PM

famous footwear....I had the same problem adn refuse to pay a lot of money for shoes he is going to grow out of like in 5 months, so I found some Fisher Price ones at Kmart

newmom2be08
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 7:34 PM

That's exactly how I feel too.  Why pay $35 for shoes that he will only wear for a short time?  To me it seems like a rip off to pay that much for toddler shoes.   I can think of better things to do with our money, so I will be hunting high and low for reasonably priced shoes.  Thanks to all the mommies for your imput!

Quoting amzbrznjz:

famous footwear....I had the same problem adn refuse to pay a lot of money for shoes he is going to grow out of like in 5 months, so I found some Fisher Price ones at Kmart

Nikkole95
by on Sep. 2, 2009 at 7:22 PM

We go to Lamey Wellehan.  They sell Stride Rite shoes and other good brands.  My son has the same problem (he gets it from me)  he is a 5Wide right now, but it is hard to find CUTE wide width shoes at any of the cheaper places (Payless, walMart, etc.)  As far as measuring goes I'm pretty sure Kids R Us also measure and I know Payless does, but I like the more expensive brands.  Also, at your son's age, it is important for the soles of his shoes to be flexible, especially if he is just learning to walk, actually even if he is a pro at walking.

breastfeedingin lovemoms rockCaleb's Mommy

JeanBee
by on Sep. 2, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Quoting howardsmom:

ugh my son has a wide foot since he was about 6 months old shoes dont fit him....even the wides at payless dont fit and it seems like only the ugly shoes are made wide enough. Good luck with finding cute shoes for a wide foot..if u find some let me know where..lol I found some soft shoes at Oldnavy but they only go up to 18months so once he hits that age I'm SOL...lol

Hmm. Our Oldnavy has boys shoes that went up to 9's.. We got our son 8's, and they should fit him this winter.. He just turned 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)