Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

too soon?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:20 AM
  • 4 Replies

So this morning I found out that I'm preggo! YAY!!! We've been trying for about 5 months now so we are absolutely thrilled! 

I did a due date calculator thing it says I'm about 4 or 5 weeks. So I went and asked a friend of mine who lives here (S. Korea), and who is pregnant as well, about making a doctors appointment. She said that I should come with her this Friday and have my first appointment since I don't know where to go and they don't make appointments here for foreigners, you just are supposed to walk in and they make room for you. So my question is, is it too soon to go in if I'm only 4-5 weeks along? Will they even be able to see anything?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Bloggin' about livin' in South Korea kleveille.blogspot.com
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Schleetle
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:23 AM

I went in for my first appointment at 4 weeks they just did a test to confirm the pregnancy, and scheduled my ultrasound for 7 weeks. I wouldn't get an ultrasound too soon (before 6 weeks) only because sometimes the baby is too small to see, and I wouldn't want to carry those worries around until the next u/s.

Pregnancy Ticker

Mommyto2kids09
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:25 AM
IMO absolutely I think every woman should start to see the dr as soon as she finds out congrats mama!!!
mamasangels2009
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:26 AM

If you took a home pregnancy test and got a positive I am sure you will at the doctors office as well and they will more than likely they will do a blood test to make sure. If they do a sonogram they may not be able to see the baby but you will see the sac and if the baby is there it will be very tiny. Good luck!! And CONGRATS

mommytobe090708
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:41 AM

Thanks ladies! I had U/S at 6 weeks with DS and he looked like a little bean, hopefully I can see something this time!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Bloggin' about livin' in South Korea kleveille.blogspot.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)