Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finding a pediatrician?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:11 AM
  • 3 Replies

So, with DS, it honestly never dawned on me to go and find a pedi and do research into one, so I had to find one with a hurry as soon as I got home. I ended up switching to a famiy care doctor, who really doesn't cut it as a newborn doc. I want a new pediatrician for this one to be at the hospital for her birth and have her as DS' doctor, too.

What questions do you ask during doctor interviews?

How did you go about finding one you liked?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Pregnancy ticker

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mc3197433
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:16 AM

I  called my insurance carrier and asked for a listing of pediatricians in my area,(this happened after switching all of us to a family practice only to find  out they don't see anyone under 2!!).... I finally have found one I like and am sticking with him.

Wish2Be
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:18 AM

I asked questions like...Do they help with lactation isssues? Do they have an after hours care number ? If they would pay special attention to a concern of ours...being juvenile diabetes or obesity...give us tips on how to avoid it and help us monitor him. I even asked about their hours and was surprised to find out that they are open 7 days a week and have later evening hours...as late as 7pm ! I was very impressed !

I was also able to get a tour of the facility and fill out all of the medical information at the office, so I wouldnt have to do it on my first visit with Henrik.

gallo
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:49 PM

I relied mostly on word-of-mouth.  If the doc has poor bed-side manner or isn't helpful, your friends/coworkers will tell you about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)