Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are the odds??

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:35 AM
  • 11 Replies

This is my 2nd pregnancy ( 16 weeks along).  With my first I gained a whopping 65 lbs ... but somehow escaped getting stretch marks on my tummy.  I did get some white ones on my hips ... and a few on the inside of my thighs ( is that weird?) ... but thankfully none on the tummy.  So my question is....what are the odds that I wont get any this time either? 

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BethPrice1345
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:40 AM

I would think that if you didn't get any the first time, that you won't this time. IDK though...

JHjelle827
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:40 AM

I didnt get any stretch marks with my first either Im hoping for the same again. Maybe make sure and lotion and mosturize theres this stuff called bio oil you can get at walgreens Im going to try and get that to help prevent the stretchmarks. *fingers crossed*

MJWard
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Quoting BethPrice1345:

I would think that if you didn't get any the first time, that you won't this time. IDK though...

pregnancy week by week

snowfishmommy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:45 AM

I'm the same as you just a few white ones on the side of my thighs and that's it! i gained 50 pounds with my first. so I'm really hoping nothing more with this one. I'm anal on the lotion though! i was with my first as well i love Burt's bees belly butter!  

If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.
-pulpfiction

Schleetle
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:18 PM

I think where/if you get stretch marks is genetic so if you didn't get any the first time you most likely won't get any this time... Thats just a guess though! I got some light stretch marks around my belly button with my twin boys, but haven't got any new ones this time so I guess you never know. Good luck, I hope you don't get any!

Pregnancy Ticker

SPSJR917
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:48 PM

i got one the first time around and gained 22 lbs the whole pregnancy. im 18 weeks now, gained no weight yet and already have 3 stretch marks. i think it depends on how quick ur belly is growing and genetics.

kamsmommy17
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:15 PM

I gained thirty pounds the first pregnancy and got them on my belly towards the very end and have them on the inside of my thighs as well, I got some from a growth spurt in high school too, so I knew i was going to get them when I got pregnant, LOL. I would say if you didn't get any the first time, you won't this time either! 

2brats1chkymnky
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:12 PM

With my first child I gained 70 pounds!! I got them all over my tummy but nowhere else. I gained around 25-30pounds with each kid and got stretch marks on my tummy. Luckily I have them where I can cover them up. I have a few right where my pubic hair line starts and all the others on my tummy. Maybe I got lucky, but I still have a few months to go with this one so we will see.

zionsmom1
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Ok so heres the weird part with me. Stretch marks arn't genetic in my family my mom had 4 kids and has ZERO stretch marks anywhere my grandmother had 10 kids and has Zero as well. With my first I gained 35 lbs. and didn't get a single one with my second baby i gained 18 lbs. and I got 3 random ones on just the left side of my tummy????? WTH? I know thats not a ton and there not huge but it still baffles me. I do have some on my hips as well.

marshakay
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I have been through 2 pregnancies...no stretch marks on my tummy but i have some on my boobs...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)