Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vitamin Water?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am having trouble getting enough water so decided to get vitamin water, which I'd always liked before pregnant.  I bought the generic "Costco" brand which has zero calories, even better.  But is vitamin water ok?    It has added vitamin A-C, E, the B's and actually has folic acid, which is good - but also has a tiny bit of black/green tea per bottle.  Think this is ok?

Lilypie
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sissychristi
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Well, pregnant women are allowed to have up to 18oz of coffee per day. I'm not sure how many mg of caffeine are in 18 oz, but you could find out, then figure out exactly how much caffeine is in the vitamin water.

I think it is fine. Traces of caffeine are not going to affect the baby.

mamad122
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:04 PM

The tea should be just fine, I would read up about the sweeteners though. Is it sucralose or splenda or something? Those aren't suggested during pregnancy, they're not as bad as aspartame is but there's not much research on them yet. I would probably ask my Dr's office just to be safe :-)

Pregnancy Ticker

in love    toddler girl  expecting boy

honeybee0927
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Quoting mamad122:

The tea should be just fine, I would read up about the sweeteners though. Is it sucralose or splenda or something? Those aren't suggested during pregnancy, they're not as bad as aspartame is but there's not much research on them yet. I would probably ask my Dr's office just to be safe :-)

Says 0% sugar :-) 

MJWard
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:18 PM

I drink like 2 VW a day..its easier for me because they are 20 oz bottles so that is a HUGE part of my water intake for the day so 2 VW = 40 oz and u should drink between 40-63 oz of water a day? or somthing like that. I dont drink anything else with caffeine anyway..and im sure its not more than a cup of coffee!

pregnancy week by week

Chrissy9479
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Quoting honeybee0927:

Quoting mamad122:

Says 0% sugar :-) 

Thats because it has no real sugar in it, doesn't mean there isn't artifical sweetners in it. The artifical sweetners aren't that much better for you either. read the ingredients on the bottle and if it has aspartame in it, I would seriously consider not drinking it. but thats just my opinion.

spazchicken
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:34 PM

I didnt drink Vitamin water, but I would drink powerade in place of water when I was really sick feeling..I couldn't really stomach water as it made me more nausous..  I accidently got the 0 calorie kind and couldn't drink it cause it tasted like aspartame :/

Ashley7805
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:42 PM

i dont drink anything with splenda or aspertame or anyother artaficial sugars while pregnant

mrs.jonesy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:32 PM

There's nothing wrong with having a bit of that black/green tea while preggo.  With my first I drank coffee and tea and there were no problems.  Now with this one I have cut back.  But like I said theres nothing wrong with the tea.  Like the other ladies said though...check up on those sweeteners.  I'd rather have the real sugar than chance the fake stuff.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)