Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so tired!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm at 29 weeks with twins and I cannot keep my eyes open! I sleep fine through the night, except to get up to pee twice, but I cannot shake this tired feeling, every day!

I wish I could nap more but I work weekdays.

I'm also having pain in my hands, when I make a fist. My fingers are swollen as are my feet. Not terribly swollen, but swollen enough where there is a slight pain to them.

And I'm also feeling nauseous after I eat. My OB says it's because there isn't room for a lot of food in my stomach since the babies are pressing against it.

Is anyone else feeling this way? How are you coping with being so tired? Swelling? Etc?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
aikenchic
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Yes but not nauseated anymore.  I am 35 weeks and have had swollenfeet and legs since about 20wks.  My hands recently started to swell- I can't get my wedding ring on and when I make a fist not only does it hurt but I can feel my heartbeat in it.  I am tired all the time but I am not sleeping well either as I can't seem to find a comfortable position.  My doctor says the swelling in my feet and legs is normal but I have a call in to his office this am b/c he said if my hands and face started to swell I need to let them know as swelling is the first sign of preeclampsia.  The being tire all the time is b/c our bodies are working 24/7 to make a human.  You are probably especially tired wince you ar emaking 2. :-) For some people it gets better but for me, it didn't.  Give me 15 minutes of quiet and I am out like a light for about 40 minutes to an hour.  (My mom picks on me and says I have pregnancy induced narcolepsy).  I am still working full time and my due date is about 4wks away. 

Congratulations on your pregnancy and good luck!

Cafe MicheleZ
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Me too -- still working full time. I know we'll get through it, but so wish we could have a nap mid day! :)

I'm monitoring my face for swelling too. So far none there. Just hands and feet. My wedding ring doesn't fit anymore either.

Good luck to you too mama!

kylismomma
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:48 PM

I'm not quite in the third trimester..i'm only 24 weeks but i am already exhausted!! 

I am in college full time and also keeping up with a VERY active 20 month old! When i was pregnant the first time, i could sleep all day and be lazy if i wanted to be...but this time around..no luck! But i guess its a good thing i'm slowly getting used to it because with two children i won't have much down time!

A strange thing i have experienced already is braxton hicks so early! I never felt them at all when i was pregnant the first time, and now i am already experiencing them daily! My ankles are also swollen. Pregnancy is wonderful but I am definitely ready to be full term already. =) 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
pregnancy
mommyblack09
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Have you had your glucose test yet? I just had mine done and they told me that I have really low hemoglobin which makes me anemic causing the extreme tiredness that I've been having. If you haven't been tested yet, ask if you can be...may not be your issue but it's worth a try! Good luck!

Breanna. Married to the love of my life 8.2.08.
Mommy to Landon 12.22.09. expecting boyBirthmommy to Eden 9.26.06.

miss_hughes
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 2:42 PM

im almost 28 weeks and i feel the same way minus the swelling. i dont sleep well at night ether though and im a sahm to a 2 year old. but im constantly tired

Cafe MicheleZ
by on Oct. 15, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Yes, had the glucose test and all came out fine. Doc told me it's because of the twins, I am feeling more tired, my body is working overtime and the way I feel it's like how a mom with one baby feels right before birth.

The swelling...she told me to stay off my feet. I wish it was that easy!

dragonflie
by on Oct. 16, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I know exactly what you are talking about.  I am 30 weeks along and extremly tired but I have never slept well so being pregnant is taking it's toll on me.  I have had some swelling but luckly it has not been as bad as my first 2 pregnancies.   As far as the not feeling well, like you its only after I eat what is apparently to much.  When I eat more I feel like I need to be sick but if I stick to the small meals then I am all set.  Hang in there!

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly,

Kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably,

And never regret anything that made you smile

Stop by and sign my guess book, I finally figured out how to add it to my homepage!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)