Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

H1n1?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:11 PM
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: Will you get the h1n1 vaccine?

Options:

yes

no

my child only

still debating

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 76

View Results

I just found out that my daughter can get the vaccine but since it is the mist her pediatrican doesn't recommend it because I am pregnant. WHich is fine I would rather be safe than sorry.

Just curious. How many of you are going to get the shot when available? I am a stay at home mom that rarely gets sick maybe a cold once a year but I am still scared cause it is affecting healthy people! Also, it is affecting healthy children.

What are your thoughts?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heidi_val
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:29 PM

I won't be getting it and neither will my son. 

IluvPeyton27
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Right now I don't plan on me or my son getting the shot.. We are all just trying to drink orange juice and wash our hands a lot. I do plan on asking my OB what he thinks at my appointment next week!

TaysMom041908
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:06 PM

I will not be getting it but only because I cant. I am allergic to the flu shot.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

pregnancy week by week

wedding ticker

Mommyto2kids09
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:07 PM

I still can't decide if I wanna get it or not

mocervi
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Not sure yet!! I have an OB appointment this week and will talk to my doctor about it....

sissychristi
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:22 PM

My kids brought it home from school already and me and SO caught it too. Honestly, it was like we all had a really bad cold. Now we are fine. Doctor says there is no risk to my baby either. We stayed home until we were over it.

So, needless to say, I'm not believing the CDC hype that it is SO dangerous and that so many pregnant women are at risk of dying. That also means that there is no reason to get the vaccine now because we have built up the antibodies from being sick.

Not that I was going to get the vaccine anyway. First, I never believed how bad they said it would be and second, the vaccine has not had any long-term testing done and I don't want my kids to discover some rare form of cancer in their 30's that traces back to an undertested vaccine they were forced to get as kids.

SPSJR917
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:32 PM

i will not get the shot and there is not a chance in hell i would get the mist! my son and hubby are NOT getting it!

lovemykids73
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 9:06 AM

28 pregnant woman have died from it when I last checked and 78 children.  Most of these people were otherwise healthy.  I work in healthcare and have discussed this with physicians and have researched on my own also and I WILL be getting the vaccine, as well the rest of my family.  Although my doctor and I do think I did have it before I was pregnant and may be immune - it is better to be safe than sorry.  It hit me so hard and was the worst illness I have ever had in my life so I don't want to take the chance that my children will get it.  My daughter already has upper respiratory problems when she gets any type of cold, so I feel she really needs it.  The ingredients are almost the same as the regular flu shot, so I am not worried about any side effects because I have never had a problem with the regular flu shot.  I say to everyone - become more informed from a physican before you decide not to do this - NOT information the internet.

CafeMom Tickers
Mom2Jack04
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:02 PM

As the poster directly above me stated I will be getting the shot when it's available to me.  Not only am a high risk for having complications in getting over ANY flu because of my pregnancy but also because I'm a type 2 diabetic.

The vaccine is made EXACTLY the same way as the seasonal flu, the ONLY difference is for this vaccine they KNOW the strain, whereas the seasonal flu is a "guesstimate"!  I never had any reactions to the flu shot other than my arm being sore for a day. 

rkersen
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 3:32 PM

I a pregnant with my first and I just don't think there is enough evidence to support this vaccine being safe for me or my baby so I will not be getting it. If anyone is interested, I have actually read that gargaling with warm salt water, swabbing the inside of you nose with salt water (or cleaning sinuses with it if you can), and drinking warm liquids on a daily basis will help keep viruses from staying long enough to effect you. I am trying this out.

CafeMom Tickers

RK

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)