Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Less Movement...

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:12 PM
  • 2 Replies

I'm 36 weeks & 3 days and I've noticed that my little guy is pushing and stretching less often. The most movement and activity is at night when I lay down to go to sleep, and even then it's less than before and his active periods don't last as long. I've heard that they slow down on the movement towards the end, but it's hard to justify what's 'enough movement' and what's 'too little.' I'm probably just freaking myself out, but I thought I'd share and see if anyone has experience the same thing :o)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kristinas8
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Don't worry mama, it's just getting cramped in there and too snug. As long as your feeling some movement at least 3 times a day all is probably well.

By the way I'm on my 7th baby. lol

CafeMom Tickers
Munchkin09
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 11:24 AM

I'm 37 weeks and am experiencing less movement too.

I saw my OB yesterday and she said that I should still be feeling movement but different movement than before.  The baby is much bigger and has less room to move so I'll be feeling more stretching and poking now.  She did say if there is a decrease to call her though because I should be feeling movement never the less.

It scares me a little because this is my first baby and it seems so subjective intead of objective to determine what is and what isnt normal.  How do I know???  This is my first time!

Ugh!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)