Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kick counts...

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:28 PM
  • 3 Replies

I remember replying to a post a while back asking about kick counts and some people said 10 movements every 2 hours and some said 10 movements in a 2 hour period but not necessarily ever two hours. Well, at my last doctor's appointment she said "Doing the kick counts? Making sure there is 1 movements every 2 hours?". Um. I didn't think it was supposed to be that often. Usually in the mornings she goes nuts like she is trying to claw her way out and anytime I lay down as well. she does move in between those times but those are the main times I'm doing the kick counts. Are you really supposed  to do the kick counts every 2 hours?

marineswink  expecting girl

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mamad122
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:32 PM

This is my second and my midwife has never asked me about kick counts. They do ask at every appointment if I'm still feeling the baby daily and if I have any questions about it, but never down to the hour or anything!

Pregnancy Ticker

in love    toddler girl  expecting boy

miss_hughes
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:38 PM

my midwife hasnt said anything about how/when to count kicks. but my obgyn with my DD always aske to make sure there was 10 kicks per day. so i dont know.

usually ill lay in bed after i first wake up and if hes active, great. ill get up and go about my day. then slow down and make sure hes active in the after noon, then again at night. if hes ever not active for a period of time that i become concerned i just eat or drink something sugary or with caffinee

maryjane324m
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Well I went to my OB today complaining of cold symptoms, and they asked how frequently she was moving. I told them she had moved fine all day, but I noticed she hadn't been as active in the past hour or two. So I laid down to start my kick counts, and she' didn't start moving until the beginning of the second hour. I told them this and next thing I know the Dr's walking in with a fetal monitor, (scared the crap outta me), they monitored for 20 minutes and then apparently weren't happy with her movements, so they did an ultrasound. They told me that If I noticed she wasn't moving at least 4 times an hour to call them, after a two hour count period. They said that any given hour the baby should move or adjust themselves atleast 4 times. All came out fine on the ultrasound, so they sent me home. Kind of nerve wrecking but totally worth the time spent checking.

babies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)