Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much weight have you gained during pregnancy??

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:32 PM
  • 37 Replies

Im 4 months pregnant with baby number 2 and have gained 8 to 10 pounds already I feel like im gaining to fast....How much weight did you gain so far and did the doctor say that was ok?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:37 PM

As of today I have gained 4 lbs from my prepregnancy weight and I am 21 weeks tomorrow. I had lost a few lbs and then was just not gaining any weight. No appetite and morning/evening sicknesss. My dr was happy today that I had gained 6 lbs in the past month though. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
Mommyto2kids09
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:39 PM

I'm just about 22 weeks and I've gained 8 lbs so far the dr says its perfect compared to what it was with my DD. By 22 weeks with my DD I had already gained like 18 lbs

Laurenn33
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I am 15 weeks today, and as of my last appt, I lost 2 pounds. I don't know why. I eat, and I am not sick at all. I will just be happy with it though, because I know it won't last!

pregnancy week by week
gurliegurl12
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:41 PM

I can't remember how much I gained around this time with my daughter but the doctor didn't say anything I just feel like Im gaining to much.. I have not had morning sickness tho...

Quoting Mommyto2kids09:

I'm just about 22 weeks and I've gained 8 lbs so far the dr says its perfect compared to what it was with my DD. By 22 weeks with my DD I had already gained like 18 lbs

shawneewaiting
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:48 PM

I'm almost 23 weeks and at my appt last week I had gained 8lbs. I'm a little nervous, I know 8lbs isn't much, but until 17 weeks I hadn't gained any weight at all. I was sick for a long time and wasn't eating much, once that went away I gained the 8lbs in only 4 weeks so at that rate (2lbs a week) I'll gain another 36 lbs by 40 weeks. So hopefully it was just those 8lbs that I gained so quick. I wouldn't worry if I was you though.

SamanthaRae_bby
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:50 PM

i just had my DD 2 weeks ago and I gained 17lbs and 3 days after delivery i lost 30 :]

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
logansmommy0728
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I just hit 25 weeks, and I've lost 10 pounds so far. I haven't gained any. But the doc says that she's growing really well (in his words, "This is one of the best pregnancies I've ever supervised!" lol), and I am eating, so we aren't worried about it, lol. It's nice, with my first pregnancy I never lost anything!

Dara0820
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:59 PM

I'm almost 19 weeks, and so far I've only gained like 3lbs...but my baby is weighing more than it should be lol!! I don't know why, or how but it is.

CafeMom Tickers
XxChalsGrlxX
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:05 PM
I'm almost 23 weeks and I've gained around 11 pounds.
ProudArmyWife18
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:07 PM

im 28 weeks and gained 20 so far! EEK! since my appt though ive been pretty good cut down snacking eating better and have been walking almost everyday yesterday i walked 3 miles with DH and DS so im hoping by my next appt ive slowed the weight gain down, I didnt think 20 lbs was bad but apparently  6lbs in one month was bad because the substitute dr (i say this because my reg doc couldnt see me) yelled at me saying 6lbs in a month is "a little much" and to watch it GRR my reg dr said he didnt care as long as i was gaining since i started at my ideal weight i could gain 35lbs. whatever lol im being careful now and exerciseing more so if i keep gaining like that i dont care lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)