Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is my plan...anyone else interested??

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:22 PM
  • 0 Replies

So basically I am TTC #3 preferably as natural as possible! I am hoping that by following this article and doing the basics I can promote ovulation on my own! I am hoping that maybe there are some other women out there with similar stories who are willing to try this with me and who are willing to kinda befriend one another as we travel down this long and hard road??

I am also very much interested in hearing any inspirational stories so even if your not interested in the method or whatever and you have something to share please do do!! Thank you

Here is a little background on me! I am a 23yr old mother of two boys! I am overweight (250 lbs) and do not have regular periods. I am currently breastfeeding and will be starting to wean my 12 1/2 month old soon. As for conceiving this is what we have been through. Hubby and I were having unprotected sex for the two years prior to being married and never conceived until about 3 wks after our wedding. I went from periods every 3-4 months to a period every month only a few months before our wedding day! Shortly after having my first son, Hubby and I began to try for our second. After about a year and only 3 periods I went to my Doctor. She started me on progesterone every 50 days to force a period and Clomid to promote ovulation! After about 1 1/2 years of trying we gave up. It was Aug 07, on Nov 5 2007 I had my own period, and surprisingly ovulated on CD70 in Jan! I didn't realize I was pregnant until I took a PT to restart the fertility treatments! So now I have been BF my son Malachi for just over a year and have had no cycle. All though I know that this is fairly common I have little faith in my cycles starting normal anyway. I am planning on slowly weaning my son while taking these natural steps to conceive. My Doctor suggest me starting back on fertility drugs within 50 days of weaning my son without having a cycle. I am hoping to promote normal ovulation on my own. I have also self diagnosed myself with PCOS which the Doctor will not diagnose until after I wean my son! I guess the odds are against me but I want to give this a try and I am hoping to find someone else who is willing to take the step of not only TTC naturally but also trying to live a little healthier!

Foods to Increase Fertility

From LoveToKnow Pregnancy

The belief that eating certain foods to increase fertility has long been passed down from mothers to daughters who were trying to get pregnant. Exactly what these fertility foods were changed as time passed and cultures evolved, making most people view foods' effects on fertility as old wives tales. But a new study published in the November 1, 2007 issue of Obstetrics & Gynecology proves that eating certain foods and avoiding others can really make a difference in reducing ovulatory fertility problems in women.

Certain foods may increase fertility

Ads by Google

Lose 32 Lbs Per Month - Eat These 2 Simple Foods And Lose 32 Lbs Per Month Effortlessly. AphroditeWomensHealth.com

Best Fertility Products - FertilAid, FertilityBlend and More to Enhance Fertility, Free Shipping www.Early-Pregnancy-Tests.com

C.A.R.S - Fertility problems? We can help. ivf-et.com

Study Findings

The study followed over 17,000 women during eight years and tracked their success in achieving pregnancy. In combination with other lifestyle choices such as physical activity and weight control, following a "fertility diet" can be successful in helping to prevent ovulatory disorder infertility.

Dietary factors included:

• Increasing consumption of monounsaturated fats while decreasing trans fats
  • Obtaining protein from vegetables rather than animals
  • Consuming low glycemic carbohydrates
  • Eating high fat dairy
  • Taking multivitamins
  • Getting iron from plants and other supplements

Eating Foods to Increase Fertility

Eating certain foods to increase fertility may be a good way to start the process of trying to conceive. Leading a healthy lifestyle, which includes a balanced diet, is often recommended by physicians to women who want to begin a family. Before starting a new diet program, women should speak with their doctors regarding their nutritional needs.

Monounsaturated Fats

Trans fats (often identified on food labels as forms of hydrogenated oils) are bad for people's health. But not all fat is bad. Eating monounsaturated fats, such as olive oils, have now been shown to help in ovulatory fertility problems.

Ads by Google

Keep Coumadin In Range - Safe, accurate Coumadin testing at home for fewer office visits www.ptinr.com

Baby Shower Invitations - Shop for Stylish and Affordable Baby Shower Invitations Today! www.PearTreeGreetings.com

Age Declines Fertility - Over 35? Trying to get Pregnant? We Can Help. 13 Clinics Near You www.ShadyGroveFertility.com

Vegetable Proteins

Beans are a wonderful source of protein. White, kidney, navy, black, lima, and soybeans are protein-rich bean varieties. Other vegetables with protein include chickpeas, lentils, peas, and spinach.

Low Glycemic Carbohydrates

Eating foods that rank low on the glycemic index (GI) instead of refined sugar and carbs can help with fertility but avoiding carbohydrates all together does not make a balanced diet. Instead, making simple substitutions, like brown rice instead of white rice, or whole grain bread for white bread, can make a big difference in diet. In addition to being part of the "fertility diet" study, the Glycemic Index and GI Database note that low GI foods can help manage symptoms of PCOS, another cause of fertility problems in women.

High Fat Dairy Foods

Drinking milk to increase fertility has been a controversial recommendation, with conflicting findings. But the study in Obsectrics & Gynecology shows that a serving or two of full-fat dairy products will help fertility. Women who increase their dairy fat should monitor their other food intake to keep the total amount of fat in their diets balanced.

Multivitamins

Pregnant women should take a daily prenatal vitamin, but starting to take a multivitamin before conceiving can help keep fertility problems at bay. Overdosing on certain vitamins and minerals can actually harm a person's health, so stick to the recommended dosage.

Iron-Rich Foods and Supplements

Consuming iron-rich foods or fortifying a diet with supplements to get to the daily recommended amount of iron can help prevent ovulatory disorder infertility. Beans, green vegetables, and lean meats often provide good sources of iron. Supplement with a pill if a doctor recommends it.

Preconception Nutrition and Beyond

Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, which includes eating foods to increase fertility, is important for all women, not just those who want to conceive. Not only does the study discussed find that the fertility diet is important, but so is maintaining a healthy weight and exercising.

Having a regular ovulation cycle can help keep ovulatory disorder infertility from interfering with a woman's fertility. One way to help control this is through a fertility diet. Women and men experiencing infertility problems should consult with a physician trained in treating fertility issues. Diet and food changes alone may not be able to combat infertility, depending what individual medical issues.

Once a woman becomes pregnant, she should speak with her doctor regarding pregnancy nutrition and diet guidelines. Certain problems, such as gestational diabetes, may require a modified and closely monitored diet..

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)