Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being overprotective of my kids during my pregnancy?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:51 PM
  • 1 Replies

I'm currently 13 weeks pregnant and I have a 3 yr old daughter and 8 month old son. My family and I moved to Arkansas 4 months ago. I still do not know many other stay at home moms and it's hard. I defintely have my hands full. My husband brought it to my attention about getting babysitters to help me during the week while he's at work and so we could also get a date night in once in awhile. Instead of waiting months later till we have family visit us to get a break. I'm just not sure of having complete strangers to come in that I do not know to trust my kids with for a hour or so. I told my husband that not only am I going to be on top of these sitters to be responsible and patient with my kids but also the finances worry me too. With the constant doctor visits every month for me then once a few months for our son. Then car, phone, student loans bills on top of it. Plus grocery shopping every week due to me eating like a pig. I mean has anyone ever felt like this over your kids? I mean it could be cause I'm still new in the area and still don't know anyone that understands what I go through every day. Not to mention I live in a college apartment living so I'm surrounded by college students all the time. Pretty much, I don't get awhole lot understanding about what I go through. LoL.

Pregnancy Ticker
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Jenny301
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:56 PM

I haven't let anyone besides family and two very close friends who also have children watch my son.  I don't think you can be too careful about who you leave your kids with.  Have you looked for a local group on here to meet some moms in your area?  Or you could try Mommy and Me or meetup.com.  You may be able to find some friends in your area that you can trust.  And you may even be able to trade off on babysitting so you don't have to pay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)