Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

TMI, Egg White Discharge? Mucous Plug? 32 weeks

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 6:56 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi Ladies,

Sorry about the TMI. I felt wet today, and was afraid maybe I had peed myself (hasn't happened yet, but I know it's common). I went to the bathroom and I had a large glob of egg white looking, clear discharge. It looks like what I used to experience during ovulation. I have noticed it several times again today whenever I use the bathroom.

Is this normal for this stage? I have not experienced this during my pregnancy before. Can it be the mucous plug? I know I have read that if it is the plug it may not mean anything, or that labor is still a few weeks away. But a few weeks away would still be early. I have also had loose stools and some pelvic/back pain, but just mild crampy pain. It is constant, does not come and go.

Any ideas?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Debbieplus1
by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 7:26 PM

That sounds like the mucous plug and dont worry it dont necessarily mean youll go into labor ive lost pieces of mine at a time since 26 weeks, but the plug regenerates itself so dont worry about the plug.

as for the pelvic pain and back pain if your baby is head down, the baby could be dropping down a bit early. and that will cause some discomfort. as for the loose stools it could be your body starting to clean itself out for labor. this can last for awhile so dont worry.

and as for the cramps they could be Braxton-Hicks contractions. try taking a warm bath, drink lots and lots of watter like 10-12 glasses. try to get some rest or make a change in your activities. like if your laying down or sitting try talking a short walk, but if they stay regular or get stronger or closer together you may wanna give a call to your OB/ midwife. or labor and delivery. they may be able to offer more help if nothing above helps alleviate any pain. Oh! and try taking some tylenol and see if it helps any :) good luck!

desertwannab
by on Oct. 21, 2009 at 7:42 PM

I experience discharge like this all the time.  I actually had my OB check mine on my last visit and she said it's normal for discharge to increase the further along you get... It COULD be your mucus plug, but it is a bit early.

Ash <3 Mommy to Jaden 5, Gavin 19 mo, and boy #3 due in January!

Dolybye
by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I was wondering the same thing.. I've been having rather large bits of "egg white" for two days now. But anyway..  It can be lost and come back during pregnancy loosing it doesn't really mean anything unless your close or it was all at one time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)