Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

33 weeks pregnant and brown discharge

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 7:45 PM
  • 10 Replies

ok i am 33 weeks pregnant and when i went to the bathroom i had a brown discharge from my vagina.it is only when i wipe it is there.it isnot on my panty liner at all and it is not mucus like.its really looks like old dried blood.

i have not had any cervical exams as of yet from my doc other than when i was in my early stages of pregnancy i did.....i wont have my next cervical exam till i am 35 weeks from what my doc told me at my last appt.

i have been having the braxton hicks off and on but nothing to really make me go into labor i dont think.

i was wondering what u think i should do?call my doc or just go to the labor and delivery adn see what they say?

by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
salena202
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 7:51 PM

i have never heard of that b4. if i were you i would go to labor and delivery to be on the safe side. but i freak out about every thing. lol

proud parent of kile and emily moore

katznkt
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I wouldn't do anything. Sounds really normal to me... happened a few times. 

If it turns to fresh blood... or starts to fill your panty liner, or if you start to get regular contractions, then call in. Otherwise, just mention it at your next regular appointment. 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Hubby and I can't wait to meet our new addition!

dragonfly_gal
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 7:55 PM

sure it is normal??i never had any of this with my other 2 pregnancies at all.

this only happens after i pee and wipe and is only on the toliet paper.there is nothing on my panty liner at all and i wear em in case of peeing a little whiel out in public or something.

this is baby #3 for us and i was just worried that the baby may be coing early dn that my mucus plug is starting to come loose and this was a sign....

Quoting katznkt:

If it turns to fresh blood... or starts to fill your panty liner, or if you start to get regular contractions, then call in. Otherwise, just mention it at your next regular appointment. 

mdhogg25
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 7:56 PM

I would say just call ur doctor and let them know whats going on first before you rush to L&D. You should be fine as long u are not having any cramps or bleeding. Good Luck:)

CafeMom Tickers
mommytotwoboys
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 7:57 PM

You probly lost your mucas plug and didn't even realize it and thats just whats left since its brown I wouldnt worry but if it was pink or red I would go to L*&*D

Mishel73
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Part of your mucus plug maybe?  Seems a bit early, but I am not sure when you start losing it.  I never had discharge like that with my DD.  I would call your Doc just to be on the safe side.  Is your baby moving normally?

miss_hughes
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 7:59 PM

it can be perfectly normal. have you had sex recently?

i dont think its anything to worry about. my midwife tells me not to worry unless its bright red, and/or im cramping with it. my obgyn told me the same thing 3 years ago when i was pregnant with my DD

Quoting dragonfly_gal:

sure it is normal??i never had any of this with my other 2 pregnancies at all.

this only happens after i pee and wipe and is only on the toliet paper.there is nothing on my panty liner at all and i wear em in case of peeing a little whiel out in public or something.

this is baby #3 for us and i was just worried that the baby may be coing early dn that my mucus plug is starting to come loose and this was a sign....

Quoting katznkt:

wsv777
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Call you OB just to be on the safe side. If they want you to go get checked than do so.

dragonfly_gal
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 9:58 PM

thanks sitting in hospital bed waiting on ym doc to get out of sugery to come check me..i am on my laptop..

anyways............the abby is fine this is baby #3 for me and i will be 34 weeks on sat if thats what u go by.i didnt loose my mucus plug till i was about 38 weeks with my first son...

just scary to think she could come early since i am only 33 weeks but i am trying not to freak out

GabriellaM
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 10:00 PM

I hope everything turns out ok!

Quoting dragonfly_gal:

thanks sitting in hospital bed waiting on ym doc to get out of sugery to come check me..i am on my laptop..

anyways............the abby is fine this is baby #3 for me and i will be 34 weeks on sat if thats what u go by.i didnt loose my mucus plug till i was about 38 weeks with my first son...

just scary to think she could come early since i am only 33 weeks but i am trying not to freak out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN