Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birth control...?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:10 AM
  • 3 Replies

Since i had my son...well since march of 08 i've been on depo provera. so it's been almost 2yrs nd depo is not reccommend for long term because it makes you lose bone density, nd i've already started having issues with that...constantly cracking and my knees hurting...nd i'm only 19 so this is crazy... gettin depo was the first time i'd ever had b/c and my doctor reccommended it because i was breastfeeding....also i gained abt 10 lbs since i started on it.... well anyway i was thinking about switching to the birth control implant called Implanon... that goes in ur inner upper forearm nd is only progestin and works for 3 yrs nd the return to fertility is pretty immediate...unlike depo which could take up to 24mo...but basically im tryna see if anyone has had any experience with it...also its good for breastfeeding moms in case n-e 1 wants to kno

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
CORTNIE101
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:17 AM

I have not had any experiance with Implanon but I would get off depo fast.  I had alot of issues with it.  I always got it in my but and now I have sharp pains where the injection was and I also gained 35 pounds on it and when I got off of it I didnt get my period regulary for at least 2 years.

toddler boy        
Cameron is TWO

mom23babes
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:54 PM

The best thing is to try it b/c if you don't like you should be able to get it removed.And as for anybody suggesting anything we have to rememeber that things work differently for each person.I was on yaz before this pg but I loved it but I also have pmdd so would not recommend it to anyone who didn't have it.So the best thing is for you and your dr to discuss the pros and cons of each bc method.

in loveteen girltoddler girlstork

annaviaclovsky
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Funny I was on Yaz for about a year then when I got an upper-respitory infection it started to make me sick. Then I got off b/c completely and now I'm knocked up and couldn't be happier. lol

My name is Anna and I am 18, I am due may 15th with my first. I am going to be a pro spanking (when needed), breastfeeding, co-sleeping, disposable diapering, teen mom who will prove that teen moms are not all bad! oh and I desperately want a little boy! lol but a girl will be just fine to!!! ;) Add me if you want. I live in Texas
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)